Item not avalaible in the Chrome ext. and credit card not filling

hakmas
hakmas
Community Member

Hi all,

Glad to join testing team for 1password Chrome linux ;-)

I have three points :

• when i add an item in the vault, it doesn't appear synchronously in the Chrome ext.
    After lock/unlock the ext, this login will appear.
    Do you confirm that there is no synchronization in ext side ?

• i added a credit card but when i click the card to pay with on the website payment page, 1password doesn't fill card details.

• currently to fill a form work fine. It is already foreseen to add also "fill and submit" button ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.3
_OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hey @hakmas,

Welcome to the beta crew!

when i add an item in the vault, it doesn't appear synchronously in the Chrome ext.

After lock/unlock the ext, this login will appear. Do you confirm that there is no synchronization in ext side ?

This should be working. I just tried the following and didn't have any issues:
    1. Activated and Unlocked 1Password for Chrome.
    2. Clicked away and created a new Login on my 1Password account. For ease of testing, I named the Login a1 so it would be at the top.
    3. Activated 1Password and clicked Logins (which displayed a1 at the top).

If you follow those steps, do you experience something different?

i added a credit card but when i click the card to pay with on the website payment page, 1password doesn't fill card details.

Filling Credit Card and Identity items is something that we haven't entirely completed and a good example of why we are still a private beta. I will hopefully be helping the lead developers to get this working on as many websites as possible. Stay tuned as we will let you know when we are ready to fill these items.

currently to fill a form work fine. It is already foreseen to add also "fill and submit" button ?

We have a few tricks up our sleeve that I think you're going to love once we have them completed. I can't go into the details yet because they will most likely change, but I think you'll be impressed with some of our future implementations on filling.

Thanks so much for your feedback, it's good to get an idea of the different priorities people have. This helps us decide our development priorities. Let me know if you're still having issues with 1Password updating; it shouldn't require you to lock/unlock the extension.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• hakmas
    hakmas
    Community Member

Thanks Andrew,

I look forward your future implementations on filling.

Regarding the 1Password updating, i did some tests following your steps and i think that i find the root of the missing item in the extension.
    So i did :
    1. Activated and Unlocked 1Password for Chrome. (as you did...)
    2. I logged into my 1Password account with Chrome. Then I created a new and twelfth login named "Test1".
    3. Activated 1Password and clicked Logins : see below what i get...

In "All vaults" (default) :

• "Test1" is not listed
    • only 4 login are listed in alphabetical order instead of 12 logins

In "my private vault" (on select) :

• "Test1" is listed
    • all the 12 logins are listed in alphabetical order

So i think that i have experienced this issue because i logged on my 1Password account with Chrome while 1Password for Chrome was already unlocked. I checked it by sign out /sign in many time on my 1Password account keeping 1password unlock. Every time, i had one less login listed in "All vaults" setting.

After an lock/unlock 1password, all the logins are coming back to normal and are listed in both "All vaults" and "my private vault".

Finally i used another browser (Firefox) to sign in, add login, sign out many times and i have no more issue to display all the login...

I hope that it's clear enough...

• hakmas
    hakmas
    Community Member

I have good news ! I did not reproduce the issue described in my previous post with the new version 0.8.4.
    Now all the logins are displayed correctly even i sign out /sign in many time on my 1Password account in Chrome browser.
    It seem to be solved by [IMPROVED] Don't try to auto-sign again in the same tab.
    :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@hakmas: Great – I'm delighted! To be honest, there were a few different issues that were resolved by that update. My next question was going to be if updating fixed your problem, but you beat me to it.

We are still working on some of the other filling related questions you raised, but in the meantime at least we took care of this one.

Have a great weekend and let us know if you find anything else not working quite right.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.