CloudKit login page [used to setup iCloud sync in 1Password for Mac]

BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Lounge

I went to open 1P 6.8 on my MacBook Pro and was greeted with this URL/site. I have been a 1P user for multiple years and have never seen this before and it worries me. Is this a legitimate site/request???
https://cdn.apple-cloudkit.com/ck-auth/?[redacted by AgileBits]

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:strange login request

Comments

• @BikerBob,

Yes, that is entirely expected if you're using iCloud sync on the Mac version of 1Password from our website. You'll want to click the "remember me" checkbox on that page so that iCloud only requests re-authentication every 30 days. If you don't check the box then it will request it every 8 hours. This is per Apple's defined behavior.

Rudy

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member

Thank you very much, Rudy. As I noted, I am a long-term user of 1P, and have been using iCloud to sync 1P among my devices and that was absolutely the first time I ever ran across that URL.

I can relax now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there! Indeed, Apple has made some changes to how this works recently. Glad Rudy was able to help. We're here if you need anything else! :)

• ArneD
    ArneD
    Community Member

Hey - quick update from my side: I get actually asked EVERY SINGLE TIME I am changing anything. In Example, if I am adding a note to a 1Password field, I cannot even close the window and get asked to first login with my apple ID. Very annoying!

Is there really no way around this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ArneD: It sounds like you just need to check the "keep me signed in" box and login then. If you're still having trouble after that, unfortunately that is something only Apple could possibly help with as iCloud is owned and operated by them. But there are always other sync methods available as an alternative.

This discussion has been closed.