Possible to get 1 password mini to open floating in the center of screen, not attached to extension

cybercon67
cybercon67
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

I have a dual display controlled by a Matrox Dual head to go display adapter, this stretches one screen over two monitors. When clicking the 1 password mini extension its shown in two pieces, one on each display. See attached screenshot

Is there a way to release the mini window and place it lets say in the middle of on of the displays

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:center 1 password mini

Comments

• cybercon67
    cybercon67
    Community Member

Attaching a photo to better show whats happening

• Hi @cybercon67,

Huh, that's interesting. It sounds like your Matrox card causes this to behave a little differently than we were expecting. Can you confirm that when you go to System Preferences > Displays, that only a single display shows up there?

In this case, 1Password mini is supposed to find the active display, then position itself in the middle of it. In normal dual-display setups this means in the middle of one of the displays, not in the middle of both. If the Matrox card causes us to see only one display, then I can understand how this would happen.

When mini comes up in this way, you can actually click on its background to drag it around. You should then be able to place it where you'd like it to show up and it should remember this. It can be a little tricky to find an area in the window that's a good place to drag it by, so if it doesn't work the first time, try clicking another area. I recommend trying to click near the horizontal dividers between Search and Favorites.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• cybercon67
    cybercon67
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi, Thanks for your feedback

Check attached screenshot from display preferences. In my case it will not place mini in the middle of the active display, but in between two like I showed you before.
    It,s imprtant to know that the Matrox triplehead2go stretches one display over two, read more about this here, http://bit.ly/2vDtOaZ

Have tried your trick moving it around by dragging, but it will not stick in the same place

• @cybercon67,

From your description, at least the behavior you're seeing when you click on the button in the browser window is to be expected. The OS only shows us the single large display that your last screenshot depicts. It does not give us any indication that that display is anything other than the completely dimension of that giant display so we have no way to know that its made up of separate bezeled displays.

If you put the mouse on the display in question and invoke using the "show 1password mini" keyboard shortcut does it put the window in the middle of that screen?

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.