To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password data in damaged phone

Options
superannarinna
superannarinna
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

I downloaded 1Password a while back, have been meaning to upgrade to the paid version... but before I could, my four year-old decided my phone needed to swim with the fishes... literally.

I don't think my phone will boot back up (hanging out in rice right now), and was wondering if there was any way to retrieve my 1P data. I honestly don't remember how I set it up, just am sick thinking all the passwords (including those needed for work) are gone... :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hey @superannarinna! I'm so sorry to hear about your phone. Luckily, there are a few things to get your data back...

First, did you sync things anywhere? A 1Password account syncs your data automatically, so all you have to do is sign in to that on a new device to get your data back. If you don't have an account, did you perhaps use Dropbox or iCloud? That's the easiest way to recover your passwords:

Sync your 1Password data

If you don't find any data in those areas, did you back up your device to iTunes? You can locate and restore a backup when you used to have 1Password installed and your data should also be included.

And if none of that fits, I'm afraid you'll have to start over from scratch. Using 1Password in your browser, you can start saving your passwords again and rebuild your collection.

I'd recommend creating a 1Password subscription account to keep things safe in the future as well. You can sign in to it from any device if you need to down the road. Learn how to create an account and start using it.

I hope that helps! If you have any questions, just let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.