Firefox 55. 1Password has been hanging and hanging

Beccadee
Beccadee
Community Member

I rarely can get 1Password to work now. I click the menu button to drop it down & nothing happens. This happens every day. Then, sometimes it pops open a box, but the box is static and will not respond. I get rid of the box finally and start over. Same thing. Then, rarely, I get it to work. Sometimes, though not always after that routine, it will keep working. This has gone on for a long time now. I've updated and reinstalled etc....

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OX S 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @Beccadee! Sorry about that. You mentioned you're using 1Password 6. Is that 6.8, the latest version, or just 6.0? If it's the latter, you'll need to update 1Password for Mac to get things working properly. Otherwise, let's make sure Firefox is set up to work with the latest version of 1Password and the 1Password extension:

If you see “1Password can’t save or fill” when you open your browser

Let us know how that goes! :)

• Beccadee
    Beccadee
    Community Member

Hi - yes I made sure everything had been properly updated.

I can't think the solution actually applies to me since I've never seen this error box pop up at all (or any error box appear) & I'm using Firefox (55.0.2 to be exact.) (?)
    Signing in to this page to look at your response today, 1Password Menu icon opened its box & I was able to sign in ok, but then it hung and hung and hung...to the point where I simply have to go away and do other stuff and come back just now to continue. Which it did do. But very frustrating. It really lets me down when I'm trying to work quickly on things...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Beccadee: I can't say I've seen or heard of anything like that with Firefox before. Is there something special about your setup there? Though not exactly that, I know in the past I've seen some weird things happen due to too many tabs open (perhaps with runaway scripts), other extensions (content blockers, for example), or a corrupt Firefox profile. If you create a new profile, do you see the same behaviour? I'm just not able to replicate it here. Also, please let me know which version of 1Password you're using currently. "Properly updated" doesn't tell me if you're stuck on an old version due to an update failure, or if you're using the current beta or stable. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.