To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No secret key locked out

Options
Pdetaege
Pdetaege
Community Member

I have 1password for just myself. I signed up by downloading the standalone app. In order to sign up iTunes requested payment. I signed up for $3.99 a month. Was the only way to start the trial. I returned to log in three days later for the first time and system will not let me log in without a secret key. It seems I need to retrieve a secret key, which i don't feel i have, get a new secret key or get help logging in without a secret key.
Everything on the site requires logging in and I am unable without a secret key.

Appreciate any and all help. Have been trying for days now.
Thank you, Paul D.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi Pdetaege - Thank you for getting in touch with us. We provide you with a Secret Key during the sign up process and it's also located on your Emergency Kit. You might also be able to recover this from your device. I also sent you an email so we can continue the conversation over there in case we discuss any specifics relating to your account. Reply back to me when you get a chance. Talk to you soon.

ref: SZW-34723-242

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried all options of logging in through the website of 1password. Cannot log in without a security key. Need confirmation if there is a key or how to proceed. No resolution. Looking for support help.

Thank you, Paul D.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Pdetaege - Did you receive the email I sent over to you? If not, can you double check your spam folder? I'll be able to better assist you via email and if you can reply back to over there. Keep me posted! :smile:

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

Frank was emailed a response one hour after I received his email. Have received no email response from Frank addressing my question with support. I am waiting for a response. I have no security key and am being told by Frank he is not receiving my emails. What are my options?

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

I am receiving Frank's emails. Frank is not receiving mine. Sorry for any confusion. I am waiting for a response from Frank with support

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Pdetaege - Did you reply back to me using the same email address? If not, I'll forward the initial email I sent over to you now and reply back to me when you get it. Try to reply back to me using the same email address. Talk to you soon! :smile: Sorry again for the confusion.

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

I have responded every time I received an email. What is happening?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Pdetaege - Sorry for the troubles! Can you forward the email over to us one more time and add Pdetaege to the subject line? Double check your outbox to make sure the emails have gone through. Keep us posted here and let me know when you send over the email so I can double check on our end.

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

I sent these message again. I confirmed they were sent

• Pdetaege
    Pdetaege
    Community Member
    Options

I am following up to confirm that you have received my email, understand the problem and are able to offer me help?? Please respond.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Pdetaege - I have not received a reply from you. I'm really not too sure why the emails are not coming through to us. Let's give this a try, I just sent you an email from my personal account and reply back to me there. I'm hoping this will work. Back to your issue with the Secret Key. Have you tried to recover the Secret Key from the 1Password app on your iPhone?

Open & unlock 1Password on your iPhone. Tap Settings on the bottom tab > Tap 1Password Accounts then select your account from the list. Tap "Reveal Secret Key" and you should be able to copy it from there. If not, the best option will be to start over with a new account since we don't have the superpowers to recover this on our end. Keep me posted and let me know when you have replied back to my email so I can double. check on my end. Sorry again for the back and forth. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.