Does this password manager have an autofill feature for iPhone apps?

heyjoojoo
heyjoojoo
Community Member
edited August 2017 in iOS

Looks like this feature is just too poorly implemented still for iPhone devices. And it seems that way for all major password managers (Lastpass, Dashlane, etc).

These password managers tend to work flawlessly with Android devices (per my personal experience).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @heyjoojoo

We do support filling in a number of 3rd party apps:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

That said this support is limited to 3rd party apps that have implemented our extension. On iOS it isn't possible for a password manager to add itself to another app -- it has to be the other way around, so you won't find any password managers on iOS that work with every app. That said you can of course copy & paste into any apps that do not have password manager support.

You can learn about how to use the extension in supported apps here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• heyjoojoo
    heyjoojoo
    Community Member

But it's very limited. 1Password does not work with any of the apps I use.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

There are well over 300 apps that have password manager support, with more being added regularly. Unfortunately as I mentioned app developers have to choose to add password manager support -- it isn't something any password manager can do for them.

If you use apps that do not support password managers I'd suggest reaching out to them and requesting support. Please feel free to share this link with them, which contains everything they need to implement support:

https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-app-extension

Ben

• heyjoojoo
    heyjoojoo
    Community Member

Yeah, but there are several very popular apps that are surprisingly not on your list - so as for now, there is no support for the following:

• snapchat
    • instagram
    • playstation vue
    • iheartradio
    • netflix
    • waze

Sadly.

• @heyjoojoo

I understand that. As I mentioned we have no way to add support for filling to these apps ourselves -- the developers of these apps would need to add password manager support.

As far as I'm aware none of these apps support any password managers.

Ben

• heyjoojoo
    heyjoojoo
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

No, these apps do support password managers but on the Android platform. I've used 3 password managers and all them work nicely on the Android platform

• In some ways Android is more flexible than iOS. :)

Ben

• heyjoojoo
    heyjoojoo
    Community Member

True indeed. :)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.