How to resolve: icloud session expired + "infinite return to download" @ "Install and Relaunch"

mnemlcc
mnemlcc
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

Two ugly issues:

Constant/frequent error -- "icloud session expired" whenever 1P is started, or tries to sync, or when the dog sneezes. See screenshot. Other icloud services working fine. 1P requests a 'special' login through a screen never seen before. See screenshot. Is this even legit?

Tried updating to 6.8 to resolve issues. Experiences the "Infinite return to download when hitting "Install relaunch" problem reported by bizbeblu on August 7.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @mnemlcc! Sorry about the confusion. You're syncing with iCloud, and Apple recently changed the timeout on iCloud sign ins to 8 hours. You'll need to check the "Keep me signed in" box to stop seeing this that often. Once you do, you should be all set to go. :)

• mnemlcc
    mnemlcc
    Community Member

Jacob, thanks for the response. Where would I find this "Keep me signed in" box you speak of? Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mnemlcc,

Where would I find this "Keep me signed in" box you speak of?

You can see it in the Is this even legit.png image in your first post. I hope that helps. :smile:

• stellavator
    stellavator
    Community Member

I continue to have this problem. I have been sure to click the "keep me signed in" box, but continue to have the problem every couple days or so. Should I go back to using DropBox for syncing? Is there a fix?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stellavator - if you're still seeing this issue, you might try disabling iCloud sync briefly on your devices, then re-enabling it. As long as you're not actually using 1Password during that brief period, nothing should change between your devices and the record stored in iCloud. If that still doesn't work, and you're looking to switch sync methods as a result, by far the most robust and easiest to configure would be a 1Password membership. Let us know if you have any questions!

• ADean
    ADean
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue but it never lets me login to icloud. Wheel of death just spins and spins.

• @Adean,

the rainbow one from the operating system that takes the place of your cursor or the iCloud web page spinning progress circle?

Rudy

• ADean
    ADean
    Community Member

spinning progress circle

This discussion has been closed.