I cannot access 1Password link from my browsing page (google) after deleting browsing history

Doro
Doro
Community Member

After deleting browsing history from my google account, I now cannot access 1Password. The link, top right of screen is still there but opens to tell me my account is not recognised. I have got my licence reg sent to me but with the google screen I still cannot connect...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After deleting google browsing history 1Password link is very faint and does not recognise my accoun

Comments

• Hey @Doro! Sorry about that. I'd be happy to help out. :) You mentioned a license, so I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. Since you made a one-time purchase of 1Password, you didn't get an account. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Hope this helps clear things up!

• Doro
    Doro
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob. I am happy with continuing on a licence basis.
    I possibly did not make myself clear. 1Password not being accessible when I sign in using Google Chrome (which I always used, and has worked perfectly so far). However, I deleted my google history and this is when this problem began. I am wondering whether I need to reinstall to get the 1Password link appearing when I need it. Can anyone advise me on this please? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Doro: I guess I'm not sure what "1Password link" you're referring to. Do you mean the website? You won't have a 1Password account unless you signed up for a 1Password.com membership as Jacob mentioned, so perhaps that's part of the confusion.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you maybe just need to install the 1Password app and browser extension?

https://1password.com/downloads/

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.