1password v6.8 syncs between iPad and iPhone but not with Mac - how to fix?

taijidi
taijidi
Community Member

My iPhone and iPad sync 1password with each other, but neither syncs with my Mac. I am not very computer savvy and forum answers make my head spin. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6.8 - syncs between phone and iPad but not with Mac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@taijidi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you just need to setup 1Password for Mac to sync with iCloud, or make sure that it's setup correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

For example, if you're not signed in to the same iCloud account on each device, they will not be able to sync with each other. Let me know what you find!

• taijidi
    taijidi
    Community Member

I checked, everything is set up to sync with iCloud, but I still have 10 more items on my mac than on my iPhone or iPad. Any other suggestions?

• Hi @taijidi

Did you follow through the rest of the guide that Brenty linked? That contains all of the troubleshooting that we're able to do regarding syncing with iCloud. If it is still not working after following all of the steps in the guide, you'll need to switch to a different sync service.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@taijidi: Indeed, we don't have any insight into what might be going wrong with iCloud. But are you actually missing specific items? It's easy to misread the numbers, especially with multiple vaults.

• taijidi
    taijidi
    Community Member

@Brenty, I haven't gone through to check on actual missing items, but I did change the names of every login that started with "www" on my iPad; it changed them on the iphone, but not the mac. The mac is set up to sync with iCloud, and I synced it several times, but the same result. @Ben, I followed all the steps. What other sync services are there? iCloud works for every other program I need to sync - mail, music, etc.
    Thanks -

• And you already did this step?

https://support.1password.com/icloud-troubleshooting/#step-5-reset-icloud-data-in-1password

If so then a different sync option would seem to be the only solution:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

This discussion has been closed.