I had reestablished syncing back in March...now I have tons of unnamed files in my iPhone-not syncin

CBell
CBell
Community Member

Ben had previously helped me sync my iPhone and new MacPro back in Mar. Now no syncing and very frustrating. Have update every program involved, but nothing works.

1Password Version: 6.8 on MacPro
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CBell: That sounds like a bug we had a long time ago. Can you tell me which iOS and 1Password version you have on your iPhone? I wonder if something is just out of date there. Has it been working for you correctly from March until now?

• CBell
    CBell
    Community Member

Yes, I have version 6.8 1PW on iPhone and iOS 10.3.3. As far as I can tell it has not worked since April of this year

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CBell: Thanks for letting me know! So far so good. It sounds like things are working on your Mac, but on the iPhone you're seeing "unnamed files". Is that correct? Can you elaborate? Maybe a screenshot would help. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Also, do you have all of your data on your Mac already? Thanks in advance!

• CBell
    CBell
    Community Member

the 'unnamed' files are only in the 'U' section on iPhone. I have checked both iPhone 1PW and MacPro and the MacPro has the most complete. I pretty much enter new ones on the MacPro.

• Hi @CBell,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd recommend backing up your 1Password data:

1Password backups

Then reset 1Password on the iPhone:

Launch and unlock 1Password on your iPhone, then select Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data
    (this will not erase the data anywhere other than on the device you perform this step on)

Then set up syncing on your iPhone again:

Sync your 1Password data

(you'll need to select the same sync option you're using on your other devices)

Thanks.

Ben

• CBell
    CBell
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I have had problems with using the iCloud as a syncing option. It messes up with each update on either iOS on phone or on the OS on the MacPro. I have switched to doing it over my internet at home and that is much simpler and as safe. Thanks for your help.
    Charles

• Thanks for the update @CBell. Glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.