I am repurposing my old MacBook and can not open 1Password

chinamax
chinamax
Community Member

I have a MacBook that I've used for personal use. I'm now moving to my business. I've created a new user account on the MacBook and trying to get 1Password open so I can sign in and start using it. But when I open 1Password, I just get the top of what looks like a Finder window with a red close button, a white bar and a purple bar. Nothing else.

When I switch back to my personal account on this MacBook, 1Password works fine. But not on the new account. It's the same computer, just a different user account.

Help!
Thanks
Michael

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: online membership
Referrer: forum-search:Can not get 1password to open in new accout on old mac

Comments

• @chinamax,

How are you launching 1Password? We've seen an issue with the Mac App Store version when launched by clicking on 1Password's browser extension when 1Password isn't yet setup can cause the main window to appear as just the top sliver of the window.

What happens if you launch 1Password from the Finder directly?

Rudy

• chinamax
    chinamax
    Community Member

Hi Rudy
    I am clicking on it in the Finder.

It works find with the old personal log in account on my MacBook Pro, but does not work with the new user and log in that is specifically set up for my business.

Now what?
    Thanks
    Michael

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

@chinamax,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. Could you please post a screenshot of what you see in 1Password on the new user account?

▷ How to take a screenshot on a Mac

In addition, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac (while logged into the new user account):

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Ben

ref: CIB-77959-594

• chinamax
    chinamax
    Community Member

Done and sent!
    Thanks

• rickfillion
    edited August 2017

Thanks for sending that in. We'll send you additional questions via email.

Rick

ref: CIB-77959-594

• chinamax
    chinamax
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Any further updates? I'm rather lost without having quick access to 1password on my new computer.
    Thanks
    Michael

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi Michael ( @chinamax ),

We've replied via email, and are investigating the issue. Please check your inbox. :-)

ref: OPM-5273

This discussion has been closed.