To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I wrongly delete my MFA code on APP, without code I can't enter my related system. Help~~

Options
Min
Min
Community Member

I did the wrong step of deleting the MFA code generator on APP. But I still need to insert code when open my work system. Now I can't find the MFA code, so can't enter my system tool.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Min
    Min
    Community Member
    Options

How can I recover my MFA code generator on APP?

• Min
    Min
    Community Member
    Options

Recovered.
    But another problem, it always shows invalid code after entering the MFA code.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Min! Welcome to our discussion forums :chuffed:

For anyone else finding this topic in the future, if you have a 1Password.com account, you can use our item history feature to undo accidental changes to an item: https://support.1password.com/item-history/

@Min If your One-Time Password field is generating incorrect codes, then the most common cause is having an incorrect system time or date. One-time passwords are very time sensitive, and so the system clock and date on the computer or device you're generating the code on must be accurate. Please check to make sure the time and date on your device are accurate: https://time.is/

I hope that helps! :+1:

• Min
    Min
    Community Member
    Options

Hi John,

Thank you very much your your so quickly help. :)

I have adjusted my date and time on my device, now the time was synchronous with One-Time password. But strange that it still shows invalid code. Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

• It's difficult for us to say why a One-Time password would be marked as invalid. My recommendation would be to contact the company with which you have this login. You could add the TOTP secret to another app that can provide the one time password, like Authy. Then compare the two one time passwords. If they're the same then it would seem that 1Password is doing its job correctly. If not then we should definitely look into it some more and figure out if we have a bug on our end.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.