Browser extensions do not list available logins after initial unlock

wcmorrell
wcmorrell
Community Member

This seems to have started when I upgraded to version 6.8; whenever my vault is locked, and I access the browser extension to retrieve a login, there are no logins to choose from in the initial unlock. If I click away from the extension, then re-open, logins are available. So it seems like since the upgrade, the current page URL is not sent if the vault is in an initially locked state.

To be clear, what I would like to happen:
1. Go to login page in browser;
2. Right-click, activate 1password extension;
3. Enter vault master password;
4. Select correct login based on current URL;
5. Submit login form, if login is not set to auto-submit;

And what does happen in 6.8:
1. Go to login page in browser;
2. Right-click, activate 1password extension;
3. Enter vault master password;
4. Dismiss 1password extension;
5. Right-click, activate 1password extension;
6. Select correct login based on current URL;
7. Submit login form, if login is not set to auto-submit;

1Password Version: 6.8 (680015)
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Browser extensions do not list available logins after initial unlock

Comments

• Hi @wcmorrell,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Do you have the setting 1Password > Preferences > General > Always keep 1Password mini running enabled? If not, please enable it.

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• wcmorrell
    wcmorrell
    Community Member

The setting "Always keep 1Password mini running" was enabled.

I had a (I think unrelated) kernel panic, and rebooted, and the problem has gone away. Likely I was just seeing symptoms of extensions and/or 1Password mini not correctly connecting, and a clean reboot allowed for the connections to resolve.

Thanks for follow-up!

• Thanks for the update. :) Please do let us know if the issue reoccurs.

Ben

• wcmorrell
    wcmorrell
    Community Member

Well that did not last long. It just happened again. I can verify that the setting "Always keep 1Password mini running" is still enabled, and 1Password mini is listed in Activity Monitor.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wcmorrell: Is 1Password prompting you to install the browser extension? It may be having trouble communicating with the browser. Which web browser version are you using?

• wcmorrell
    wcmorrell
    Community Member

It's happening in Chrome and Firefox. Trying just now in Safari, it appears to work, but I generally do not use Safari. I'll try using it for a while and see if it breaks at some point.

Chrome: Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Chrome Extension: 4.6.9.90
    Firefox: 54.0.1 (64-bit)
    Firefox Extension: 4.6.9
    Safari: 10.1.2
    (not sure where to find the currently installed Safari extension version)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @wcmorrell -- keep us posted!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wcmorrell: We've just released 1Password for Mac version 6.8.1 to address some other issues with 1Password connecting the the browser in some scenarios, so it is possible that this helps with this as well. Please update (I'm seeing it available both for the AgileBits Store version and in the Mac App Store already, so if you're not it shouldn't be long), restart your Mac, and let us know if the problem persists. Be sure to update Firefox too, as version 55 was released last week.

This discussion has been closed.