1password extension/mini is not showing up in system preferences/extensions

kdorrough
kdorrough
Community Member

I have installed 1password on several macs in our office without issue. I am having trouble with one desktop. 1password 6 was downloaded successfully and is in the applications folder and it appears in the system preferences/notifications. It has not shown up as an icon in the menu bar. I added the Chrome extension, as well, and it is not working. I looked in the system preferences/extensions and 1password is not there...

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password not showing up as an extension in system preferences.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@kdorrough: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password does not use a macOS extension; rather, you can the install browser extension in Chrome to use it there. Can you tell me more about what you mean by "it is not working"? Are you getting an error when you try to use it by clicking the toolbar button or pressing the keyboard shortcut (⌘ \)? Make sure that you have 1Password mini enabled in 1Password Preferences > General. Let me know what you find!

ref: GJZ-25441-973

• kdorrough
    kdorrough
    Community Member

My problem stemmed from a team member login. I sent the invitation and when we attempted to set 1password up on her desktop the installer worked well and we put the extension on Chrome. The mini that is on my menu bar did not show up on hers. We attempted to reinstall several times with no success of getting the mini in the menu bar. I was able to set her up with an individual account, which is strange because we used the ER kit that she got when she responded to the invitation and followed the set up there. Unfortunately, she is not connected to our group. I now have the mini in the menu bar with her individual account. I have been trying to find where you may have an "already using 1password" to add her to our group, although I'm confused as to how that will work since we used her ER Kit to sign her in already?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @kdorrough -- and I'm glad to hear she's at least gotten 1Password working with her individual account. Based on your description, I'm not 100% sure you're out of the woods yet, but you can find instructions for adding another account into an existing 1Password app right here. Let us know if that works, because it should. I'd consider having your team member reboot her Mac after doing this, and seeing if everything works.

This discussion has been closed.