If I delete all the cache files from my Mac, does that effect items stored in 1password?

Deedaday
Deedaday
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

My Mac is running slow so I want to clear all my cashe files. If I hit "select all", it will include a file that says it is 1password. Just making sure clearing all my cashe file won't delete my 1passwrod logins....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cashe

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Deedaday -- can you tell us a little more about how you're going about this? What tool are you using to perform this cache-cleaning, and what file is showing up that you're considering deleting?

• Deedaday
    Deedaday
    Community Member

Safari>preferences>Privacy>Manage Website Data, 1Password.com is in a huge list and shows cashe, cookies, local storage. I can choose to "delete all" or, alternatively I would have to select each individual one ( and there are a ton)that I want to delete the cashes etc.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Deedaday -- Thanks for the clarification. You actually don't have to do all or one-by-one, if you don't want. You can select all (⌘A) and then hold down the command (⌘) key and click on 1password.com. That should give you all BUT 1Password, if you don't want to delete the 1Password data. :-)

• Deedaday
    Deedaday
    Community Member

Ok thx! Does that mean I don't want to dejected cashe files etc for 1Password?

• You probably do not want to delete the 1Password file, correct.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.