If I delete all the cache files from my Mac, does that effect items stored in 1password?

Options
Deedaday
Deedaday
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

My Mac is running slow so I want to clear all my cashe files. If I hit "select all", it will include a file that says it is 1password. Just making sure clearing all my cashe file won't delete my 1passwrod logins....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cashe

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Deedaday -- can you tell us a little more about how you're going about this? What tool are you using to perform this cache-cleaning, and what file is showing up that you're considering deleting?

• Deedaday
    Deedaday
    Community Member
    Options

Safari>preferences>Privacy>Manage Website Data, 1Password.com is in a huge list and shows cashe, cookies, local storage. I can choose to "delete all" or, alternatively I would have to select each individual one ( and there are a ton)that I want to delete the cashes etc.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Deedaday -- Thanks for the clarification. You actually don't have to do all or one-by-one, if you don't want. You can select all (⌘A) and then hold down the command (⌘) key and click on 1password.com. That should give you all BUT 1Password, if you don't want to delete the 1Password data. :-)

• Deedaday
    Deedaday
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thx! Does that mean I don't want to dejected cashe files etc for 1Password?

• Ben
    Options

You probably do not want to delete the 1Password file, correct.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.