How safe 1Password is in case I get a virus or a malware or a keylogger etc?

Ale88
Ale88
Community Member

Hi guys,

first of all I wanna say that luckily I don't have any problem :) I was just wondering what could happen to all the stuff stored in 1Password in case I get virus or something like a malware or a keylogger. I don't know anything about these stuff so I'd like to know if 1Password could be compromised in some way, if they could login at distance or something like that.

Thanks a lot guys! ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Ale88

Thank you for getting in touch with us. First of all, all your 1Password data is encrypted. If you have an account, your data is encrypted by both your Master Password and your Secret Key. An attacker would need to acquire both these elements to get access to your 1Password data. That being said, if your system is compromised we cannot make any promises and you should always be on the lookout to make sure you don't get to that point. If a key logger finds its way into your system they'd immediately have your Master Password for example so you'd be in a dire position. Always be careful about what you download and what you let into your system.

If you have any other questions or there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.