To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problem syncing between MAC and iOS

Options
KANieder
KANieder
Community Member

I put a password into my iPad 1password which is running the public beta iOS11. It synced fine on to my iPhone (which is NOT running the public beta but is on the most up-to-date version of iOS 10). It is not syncing to my 1Password Mac nor is it in the online site. BTW -- how can I tell where it syncs. I can't find that in preferences.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: see above
Sync Type: How do I know?
Referrer: forum-search:ios1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KANieder,

If you use a 1Password membership account then your data is synced by the 1Password.com service. You can check this in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts (Mac) or 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts (iOS).

If you are using the apps "standalone" (without a subscription membership) then instead of an Accounts / 1Password accounts tab in the preferences / settings you'll have a Sync tab, which will show which, if any, sync is set up.

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• KANieder
    KANieder
    Community Member
    Options

No it doesn't. I have a subscription membership. I can't figure out how to put a redacted image in the response area. However it does NOT tell me that it is synced by the 1Password.com service. I believe you however my iOS says it is synced in iCloud. How will my new passwords go to my devices? I've never had a problem before and am very confused.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KANieder: You can include a screenshot in your reply by clicking the document button in the top of the comment field to select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

If you're saving data in a local vault (probably called "Primary") in 1Password on your iPad and syncing through iCloud, this is not part of your 1Password.com account and won't show up on any of your other devices unless they have a similar setup (syncing through iCloud).

Have you already signed in to your 1Password.com account on all of your devices? If so, it sounds like you still need to move your data from the Primary vault to the Personal/Private vault in your 1Password.com account. After that, once all of your data is in your account (you can see this by signing in to 1Password.com in your web browser), you can remove the Primary vault to avoid further confusion.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• KANieder
    KANieder
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! You were right. My new iPad was syncing to my old Primary account instead of my subscription account.

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome! Glad that sorted things out. :)

This discussion has been closed.