Hi, my wife and I both have 1Password. How can she login to her 1Password on my laptop? Hers is AWOL

ted_cushman
ted_cushman
Community Member

Hi - we left my wife's laptop at a relative's home and it's in the mail. Meantime we need to access some of her secure sites. Can she login to 1Password on my laptop? How does that work? 1Password is installed on the machine because I also use it.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:wife's 1Password my computer

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there Ted,
    If you two have a 1Password account subscription, you can add her account to your 1Password as long as you have the proper login credentials. More information on how to go about doing that is here.

https://support.1password.com/add-device/

Hope that helps. If you need any more assistance, feel free to come back and ask. :)
    Corey

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ted_cushman

I'll add on a bit to what @Corey_C said above: if your wife has a 1Password membership, she can log into her account from any computer with most modern browsers. She would need to have not just her Master Password but also her Secret Key, which she may not have available. Hopefully, if she saved her Emergency Kit when she initially opened her account, she can get the Secret Key from that. If not, she won't be able to sign into her account until her computer arrives.

If your wife and you have standalone installations of 1Password and local vaults (not a 1Password membership), it would be possible to access her 1Password data only if she had been syncing via Dropbox and you both are willing to add her vaults into the 1Password app on your computer.

This discussion has been closed.