Help!! After upgrading to 6.8.1, Dropbox is now continually syncing!!!!

anthonyc17
anthonyc17
Community Member

Two files in 1Password.agilekeychain/a/default/files/395AE3BBA3B8437382717222609C4846 are being updated continually (specifically, a .def and .icn file). How can I stop this?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi @anthonyc17

Sorry you're having difficulties with Dropbox sync! Is this happening on all devices which are syncing 1Password data, or only one computer? If it's just the one, the first thing I'd do is toggle sync off - in Preferences, go to Sync, find the vault(s) synced via Dropbox and set them to "none," which will temporarily stop syncing. Try quitting 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then restarting 1Password. Go back into Preferences and re-enable sync wth Dropbox on the vaults you turned it off with previously, and see if that solves your issue. Good luck!

• anthonyc17
    anthonyc17
    Community Member

Hello Lars. When I re-enable syncing in Preferences, do I select the same 1Password.agilekeychain file itself (it then prompts me if I want to merge the existing file), or do I create a new default vault?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

No, definitely stop right there. You should not be getting a merge prompt at all. It sounds as if you may have more than one AgileKeychain, so if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/386491#Comment_386491
    • Your forum username: anthonyc17

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• anthonyc17
    anthonyc17
    Community Member

I just sent the diagnostic. My Support ID is [#MEW-11418-696]

• anthonyc17
    anthonyc17
    Community Member

By the way, this problem does not occur on my MacBook Pro running 10.11.6

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@anthonyc17: I appreciate you posting your Support ID! I've responded to your message and we can continue the conversation over there.

Thanks for using 1Password!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: MEW-11418-696

• sjn
    sjn
    Community Member

I experienced exactly the same thing after upgrading to 6.8.1 (Mac OS 10.12.6) - constant syncing two files (icn and def, I think?).

Toggling sync seems to have fixed it - so far.

The only odd thing is that I don't remember seeing a 1Password.opvault file in Dropbox before - just the 'agilekeychain' file. But perhaps it's been there all along and I just didn't notice it?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjn - Glad to hear that toggling sync seems to have done the trick for you; sometimes, that really is all that's required. If the problem recurs, however, don't hesitate to get back in touch. Regarding the .opvault file -- this is the more-recent version of 1Password's keychain. The Agile Keychain file is a considerably older format, dating all the way back to the first version of 1Password 3 for Mac. Recent versions of 1Password for Mac have default set to write in OPVault format, and we recommend users switch for increased security. If you'd like a run-through of the differences between the two formats, this is a good place to start. And as always, if you have any questions, drop on by!

• von
    von
    Community Member

I would like to revert back to version 6.8 from your web since updating to 6.8.1 2 days ago it is has not stopped syncing with dropbox and there is no way to stop it.
    I have never has this happen with other updates

• @von : hrmm... that doesn't sound good. Can you email us a diagnostics report by following the instructions on this page?
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

The diagnostics report should provide us with information on why it's syncing and we can likely get that resolved for you. In the email that it creates, include a link to this thread so that we have more context on why we're getting that report.

You should get a reply nearly immediately from our auto-responder that includes the support request id for your email. If you could post that to this thread it will help us find your email.

Thanks

Rick

• von
    von
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Wow that was fast Rick
    here is the ref
    [#TDP-59475-288]

ref: TDP-59475-288

• Thanks @von. I'll go take a look right away and will get back to you via email.

Rick

• von
    von
    Community Member

Thanks guys reverted back to earlier version (works perfectly) until the bug it fixed

• For others reading this thread later... there does indeed seem to be a bug in 1Password for Mac 6.8.1 that can cause Dropbox sync to get stuck in a loop when using Dropbox/AgileKeychain sync. We've filed the bug as OPM-5275 and we'll to get it fixed up quickly.

Rick

ref: OPM-5275

• splitbrain
    splitbrain
    Community Member

Hi Lars

same here for me. 1password ist constantly syncing two Files: 793FE5B75E2041D99D3A0391E5B2A756.icn/def

Did a Diag-Message too and sent it to you. ID is: #FFT-63825-335

BTW: why is the Diag Utility contacting stripe.com and their API several times during the collection?

Regards
    Rolf

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi @splitbrain - apologies for the delay in replying to this thread. As mentioned in this and other recent threads, the problem on this one appears to be with the Agile Keychain format -- our older sync keychain format. We're looking into it and should have a fix out before too long. However, in the meantime, if you're using the Agile Keychain format, now's as good a time as any to update to the newer OPVault format. This will have two immediate benefits: first, it will fix that sync loop without having to wait for the upcoming update from us, and second, it will put you on the more robust, faster and more secure keychain format.

The reason the diagnostics report contacts Stripe has to do with the fact that we're testing various capabilities and possible problem areas of your Mac's setup of 1Password. One of those is the ability to contact Stripe - for potential payment failures. I realize that's nothing near your problem, but the diagnostics report is comprehensive in that way, by default. One size has to fit all potential problems, so it checks for lots of stuff. :)

ref: FFT-63825-335

This discussion has been closed.