iPHone 6 - is there a way to keep 1PW open on my iPhone beyond the option/limitation of 1 hour?

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Is there a way to keep 1 PW open so I can reference it for a couple of hours? The longest option I see is to lock it after 1 hour. I'd like to keep it open and active longer during some traveling. Its a pain to keep opening it in order to find my password for an application.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iPHone 6 - is there a way to keep 1PW open on my iPhone beyond the option/limitation of 1 hour?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @tuni12,
    The auto-lock timer is based on activity. As far as I'm aware, it only locks after being inactive for the duration you set as long as you have Lock on Exit disabled in your security settings. Although, if constantly having enter your master password on your phone is an issue might I suggest enabling Touch ID to unlock 1Password? That might alleviate the problem you seem to be having.

Hope that helps. :)
    Corey

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

i do use Touch ID....however, even that is a pain when in a hurry. I just disabled the "lock on exit" maybe? that will help? although I still see the 1 hour limitation as the longest it will remain open for use. Is that correct?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

That is the longest timer you can set, yes. However, as I said before, as far as I'm aware the timer is based on inactivity meaning that if you open 1Password to check something the timer resets. At the 1 hour level, 1Password would have to sit unused and unopened for an hour before it locks itself.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's correct. We don't have plans to add even longer settings since at that point, after more than an hour, you're definitely not using 1Password. Every time you access it this timer resets, so if you do so every 50 minutes or so it will already stay unlocked literally all of your waking hours. I personally prefer having Lock on Exit disabled since it makes it easier when switching back and forth between 1Password and other apps. Cheers! :)

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

ok - thanks - will try the disabling Lock on Exit to see if that helps me in accessing apps w/o all the machinations.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! I find it really helpful since I multitask a lot — especially when using 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.