After suspend I all time get a white window.

retspen
retspen
Community Member

Hello all,

Thanks for the amazing app! After suspending my laptop I all time get a white window and my extension doesn't work. After restart chrome everything OK.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.4
OS Version: Fedora 26
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @retspen,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta!

I have seen some instances of this issue when 1Password loses its network connection. I suspect that is the case when you suspend your laptop. We have discussed this issue internally, and we will work on ways to better handle losing and reconnecting to a network connection in a future release.

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing this issue, it's helpful for us to get a gage on how many people are affected by it.

In the meantime, you may find it easier to disable and re-enable 1Password for Chrome from Window > Extensions which should quickly fix this without needing to restart Chrome completely.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• retspen
    retspen
    Community Member

It works for me. Thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Great! That should just be a temporary work around for now while we make improvements.

Thanks for using 1Password!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• brooksmason
    brooksmason
    Community Member

Hi Andrew,

Im having the same issue with some regularity but the disable/enable workaround works for me as well.

The only other issue Im having is that the chrome plugin doesn't have a password generator that I can find. More of a feature request I guess ;).

Otherwise, everything is working perfectly.

Thanks a ton.

Best,
    Brooks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! We definitely want to be able to generate passwords there too. It's on the list. :)

• xaraca
    xaraca
    Community Member

I also encounter this issue several times a day. Re-enabling the extension works consistently.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@xaraca: Thanks for letting us know you see this issue as well.

The good news is I believe I've found the cause for why this is happening and developed a viable fix. I'm in the process of testing this change and getting reviewed by the rest of the team, but everything is looking good so far.

We greatly appreciate your help – stay tuned for our next release!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• fvallaeys
    fvallaeys
    Community Member

I also get this issue on my Samsung Chromebook Plus. Thanks for the workaround.

• Thanks for the reports everyone.

I'm wondering if the suspend operation is correctly locking 1Password. In theory it should be locking 1Password and if so I'd expect the white screen to not occur. As a test can you please unlock 1Password, suspend your machine like you normally would, wait 30 seconds, and then wake your machine and see if 1Password is locked or still open.

Please let me know. Thanks!

++dave;

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

Thinking about suspending and locking;

Could it be, that suspending happens before locking(so no 1password lock), locking happens after you open your lid of the laptop.
    Than it's possible the network connection isn't ready and you have this WSOD.

Or another case; Suspend disables network, locks and suspends...

In both of these cases network is gone before 1p can lock.

Either way I'm already used to the fact that I sometimes need to right-click, manage extensions, disable/enable and go back to work normally. It's a feature not a bug :scream:

• For locking we don't need a network connection so there's no worries there. We simply get notified by Chrome that the user's idle state changed (we use the chrome.idle api for this) and if we get a "locked" or "idle" message, we lock things up.

My worry is that on some versions of Linux Chrome is unable to deliver this notification to us before the system suspends operations. That's why I'm so curious to see if 1Password locks in this scenario or not.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

I have just had this happen to me so I took some time to test this. If I unlock 1Password, suspend the machine, wait 30 seconds and then wake the machine again, 1Password is still unlocked. However, if I click on the extension button after doing this, I don't get the white screen, everything is working.

• the_chris
    the_chris
    Community Member

I am seeing this issue on Debian. Thanks for the work-around.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you're seeing this issue as well @the_chris. It looks like we might've run into an actual bug with one of the Chrome APIs we are using, but we will get this resolved as soon as possible.

Have a great week!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• pftqg
    pftqg
    Community Member

I'm hitting this too, this is what I get in the dev tools for the popup when it happens:

popup.js:1 Popup loaded @ 1505694990225. <PRODUCTION=true,SINGLE_PAGE_MODE=false>
    popup.js:1 Background window: Window
    popup.js:1 Background window: Window
    popup.js:1 Rendering react app. Locked=true
    chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set property 'user' of null
        at Ye.account (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1:829737)
        at ft.map.e (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1:820353)
        at Array.map (<anonymous>)
        at fe (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1:820344)
        at Object.pe (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1:821142)
        at chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/popup/popup.js:1:5245
        at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
        at chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/popup/popup.js:1:115700
        at new Promise (<anonymous>)
        at bt (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/popup/popup.js:1:115477)
        at t.tabs.performOnActiveTab.e (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/popup/popup.js:1:5113)
        at Object.P.chrome.tabs.query.t [as callback] (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:1:812369)
        at safeCallbackApply (extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:27:15)
        at handleResponse (extensions::sendRequest:67:7)

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing this with us @pftqg! We are working on fixing this issue, and this will be useful :+1:

This discussion has been closed.