To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why is 1password so US-centric!?

Options
Lucky_Luxy
Lucky_Luxy
Community Member

1password is very North America-centric! For example, bank accounts only have the option for 'checking' account? I'm in the UK and we call them current accounts. Also routing number? I can only assume this is what we call sort code?
These are just a few examples I've seen. Even your logos are for the US. Like the one social security numbers, with the shield and three stars above it. I don't mind that as much, I just want the the app to know I'm in the UK and have the correct wording for my country! Otherwise, people like me in other countries don't understand what some of the phrases are! Routing number??
Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is 1password not more internatioinal?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lucky_Luxy

You're right: 1Password is very North America-centric. AgileBits is a Canadian company, and while I haven't seen any stats lately it always used to be that the vast majority of our customers were in the US. As such it made sense to tailor the product to a US-centric view (this is also why our pricing is in USD instead of CAD). Now that AgileBits is growing, as is the number of people outside the US that use 1Password, we're focusing more on localizing the product. We offer 1Password in a number of different languages now, and are working toward better support for other types of localization (such as proper banking terms).

You're not missing a setting, we're not just quite there yet, but we're making progress. :)

Ben

• Lucky_Luxy
    Lucky_Luxy
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thanks Ben. I have been using 1password for many years, so maybe I was ahead of the curve in the United Kingdom!
    I understand the localisation issue. Making it 'local' for the England should be very easy though!! :chuffed: (US & Canada both speak English! lol Though I notice we spell localisation differently!)
    I appreciate the response though Ben.
    I hope you have a nice day.

Spencer

• Ben
    Options

I appreciate the response though Ben.

You're most welcome.

I hope you have a nice day.

Thanks! And likewise! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.