Fill in creditcard don't work at straighttalk.com

I just tried to setup auto-refill at straighttalk.com and choose my credit card in my 1Password Extension but it couldn't fill in the credit card number:

The URL is something like this (hash deleted due to privacy concerns) https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/myportal/home/h/refill/setupautorefill/checkout/

Oh and Synapse still not works for me

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heubergen: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Man, and they do not make it easy to give them money! Aside from that, since I don't have an account to auto-refill I wonder if we're getting different payment forms, as mine had the billing address above instead of to the side. But that may not matter. In my case, filling the first time did not work, as there were no "credit card number" and "expiration" fields at all until after 1Password filled once, which selected the card type from the dropdown menu, exposing the credit card detail fields which 1Password could fill on a second attempt. Are you seeing something like that? Otherwise, it may be helpful to save the page source. Which browser version are you using, in case the site treats some differently than others?

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi @brenty I think you tried to create an new account or something like this? Maybe the form is different there.
    I'm using FF Nightly 57 on my MacOS.

If needed I can share my real account data with you in trust but I would need to have your email address or something like this. Or do you think the site source would help you?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@heubergen: Definitely defnitely definitely don't give me or anyone else your account credentials! I think we're just interacting with a different form. I'll see if I can create an account without buying anything, but I didn't see a way to do that yesterday. A new phone isn't in my budget right now...and I'd hate for you to have to foot the bill. ;)

But yeah, it's very possible that the page source will help. If you can go to that page, not fill any information, and save a web archive with Safari, that should give us a pretty good idea of the field names and how it works to see if we can improve how 1Password handles that. If possible, give the HTML a once-over first in case there's an account number or something else sensitive and remove it. We won't need that sort of thing.

Please send it to support@agilebits.com Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: IKM-27885-685

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Email just sent.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that, @heubergen. I see from the HTML you sent that the field is coded in a way that 1Password is currently specifically excluding. This logic is all very mercurial and has to work across a wide array of sites, but we are taking a look at how we can improve some of these things.

I'd be curious if you could test something for me though. When you go to this page, open the browser's console, which you can do with Option-Command-J in Chrome. In the console, paste in the following command and press return:

document.getElementById("account_number").setAttribute("autocomplete", "cc-number")

Then, try filling your credit card again.

This command is just making the credit card number mapping explicit in the code, which 1Password will treat with greater weight than it does the other things it looks like in the field.

This isn't a solution by any means, but I did want to make sure that it was just the particular attributes of this field that are causing 1Password to skip it and not that something else is going on.

Let me know how it goes.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Hi @jxpx777

I hope your well south in Texas!

After type that into the browser console I could fill in the card number successfully but the Name is reaming filled in which is incorrect.

PS: It's funny how I wrote that I'm using Firefox and brenty assumed that I'm using Safari and you that I'm using Chrome :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heubergen: Haha, indeed! Thanks for letting us know that worked. Helps narrow it down. I just suggested Safari since webarchives are a really easy way to save a complete webpage, and I know Chrome's developer tools are really easy to work with, so I suspect that's why Jamie suggested using that (and it does seem that he's out of harm's way in his neck of the woods). Thanks for putting up with our idiosyncrasies. ;)

This discussion has been closed.