When does the Extension update on Safari Extension Gallery?

I noticed that on google chrome I have 4.6.10 and if I download the extension from your website it comes up as 4.6.10 as well but if I download it from the Safari Extension Gallery it currently shows 4.6.9.

How long does it take to update to 4.6.10 or to be pushed out to the Safari Extension Gallery.

I wouldn't mind downloading it from your site but I believe if I do so it doesn't update automatically then.

1Password Version: 6.8.1 (681006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your post, @AskAli. The Safari Extension Gallery is basically opaque, so it's hard to say for certain what the process is (I once ran my working understanding of what the Apple side of this looks like by a friend who would know and all they did was smile wryly.), but for each new stable release, we submit a form to Apple with the relevant details and then it is up to Apple to do their part and get the gallery updated. This is in contrast to, for instance, Google and Mozilla who provide nice APIs that allow for us to get the necessary blessings and publish our updates immediately.

The good news is that Apple did make it easy to migrate from the direct download to the Safari Extensions Gallery download. If you download the latest version from our site, the next stable update will be pulled in from the Safari Extensions Gallery automatically.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I hope that gives you some confidence to get the latest from our site and then continue with the updates from the Gallery. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

@jxpx777 Awesome. Will do. :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

:+1: