Unable to edit any credentials

Hello,
Thanks for letting me beta test Linux 1password :-}

First impressions very good, unexpectedly it seems to also work on my work windows pc!

For some strange reason I cannot seem to edit any credentials?
On the Chrome web plugin. I select the right arrow and choose 'Edit', and it takes me to the web portal, but there doesn't seem an option to edit it over the web?

If it's a known issue that's fine I realise it's in testing :+1:

Please feel free to lash me with some uncooked spaghetti if I'm doing something wrong.

Chrome version: 60.0.3112.113 64 bit official build.

Thanks,
Mark.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.4
OS Version: Linux mint 18.1
Sync Type: Not sure

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@markodeablo: That's weird. It's opening that item in the 1Password.com web interface for me:

Are you maybe not seeing the Edit button in the lower right corner of the item's details on 1Password.com because your window size is messed up? The beta extension doesn't have inline editing, but you should certainly be able to edit in on 1Password.com (provided your account isn't frozen). Let me know what you find!

• markodeablo
    markodeablo
    Community Member

Yes you are absolutely correct, I will wear the noob hat for a whole week now.

Thanks,
    Mark.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Oh please don't do that! I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss that at first as well, especially with how cluttered my screen gets. Anyway, glad that helped. Have a great weekend! :)

• kerner1000
    kerner1000
    Community Member

Maybe I missed the obvious way to create a new record when I am not logged in in the web vault but logged in in the Chrome Extension.

For me its not a problem to create new records in the web app.

But it would be super nice, if you could provide a quick-link from the extension to the web app, which does not require you to log in again (you already authenticated with the extension).

Thanks for the great product!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 0.8.4
    OS Version: Linux
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• arussell
    arussell
    Community Member

Quick shortcut for this for now: edit any login and it'll take you to 1password.com and log you straight in.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kerner1000,

The ability to edit items directly from 1Password for Chrome is a feature we haven't implemented yet but is definitely in our plans.

@arussell is correct if you view the details of an item you should see an Edit button which will take you to that item on 1Password.com and log you in automatically. To view the item details, click the arrow on the right side of the title or use the right arrow key.

Let me know if that works for you and thanks for joining our beta!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

It would be super-nice and -useful if the item was already in Edit-mode when you click "Edit" in the Chrome extension and the 1password.com web app opens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree. I'm not sure that we have the hooks in place for that right now, but that would be a great addition for the future. :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @brenty glad you like the idea. I really like the Chrome app (or is it called extension?) in the current state a lot more than Last**** It's far less intrusive.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@Manaburner: Glad you like what you see so far, there's plenty more coming. As for us showing you the item already to edit, that's definitely in the plan but takes some work on the 1Password backend. I can't give you a definite timeline, but it's something we'd like sooner than later.

&drew

This discussion has been closed.