Browser extensions show vault that is missing in main app

thekevinscott
thekevinscott
Community Member

Hi,

In Safari and Chrome extensions, I see a "Primary" vault (before I upgraded) and a "Private" and "Shared" vault (post-upgrade).

In the main 1Password app, I only see "Private" and "Shared" vaults.

In the browsers, I'd like to only see the "Private"/"Shared" vaults so I can continue syncing passwords, but I can't figure out how to delete the "Primary" vault from these browser extensions.

Thanks,
Kevin

1Password Version: 6.8 (680014)
Extension Version: 4.6.10 (Safari)
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Safari extension shows vault that doesn't exist in app

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thekevinscott -- thanks for writing in. 1Password extensions in your browser are just that - extensions of the main application. So it's not possible for there to be vaults visible in your extension(s) that aren't also in your copy of 1Password for Mac. Please open and unlock 1Password for Mac, then click the vault menu in the top-left of 1Password's main window. You should see two things - your older Primary vault (local), and your newer 1Password.com account's vaults. Select the Primary vault. Then, from the 1Password menu at the top of your screen, choose the Delete (vault name) option. That should remove your Primary vault, leaving you with only the Private and Shared vaults from your 1password.com account. Be SURE you don't have any data in the Primary vault that you need (and haven't transferred elsewhere) before deleting the Primary (or any other) vault.

• thekevinscott
    thekevinscott
    Community Member

Thanks for the advice Lars. After an update from the App Store (to 680015) I'm able to see the Primary vault in the app and was able to delete it successfully. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @thekevinscott! Glad to hear that worked for you. Let us know if you run into any other trouble. Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.