SSL Error when I try to add an account

kilgore
kilgore
Community Member

I am using 1Password since a few years now, syncronizing it with Dropbox. Since Version 6 you need that own native 1Password account and since I run an old Mac laptop, a new iMac, iPad, iPhone and a Win machine, I decided to get that account, pay the fees - since it is worth it - and skip the backup with Dropbox. And here is the problem: Whenever I try to add an account, I get that SSL (Can't connect to server bla ) error. I tried several WLAN networks, several devices, with Little Snitch On and Off, Firewalls on / Off .... I just can't add an account. What's the sudden problem here? 1Password itself is running fine, but I am simply unable to switch to an 1Password account and help you guys to make some money with me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kilgore -- sorry for the trouble. With a problem like that, I don't know without taking a closer look. The first question I'd ask is what are you entering for the sign-in address? It should be https://my.1password.com - is that what you've used? If that's not the issue, then it sounds as if you may have some anti-virus or proxy software that's acting as a man-in-the-middle for SSL, which invalidates the cert. However, that's mostly a guess. Do you happen to use proxy software or a VPN? Has something changed in that regard recently?

• kilgore
    kilgore
    Community Member

Lars, thanks for the quick feedback. Login in via my.password.com did the trick, I tried via browser plugin all the time. So i managed now to switch to my new native 1PW 6 account on all OSX devices but not on the WinPC. I learned from the download section, that there seems to be no v6 on Win available? So I won't be able to add my account there?

• kilgore
    kilgore
    Community Member

Lars, thanks for the quick feedback. Login in via my.password.com did the trick, I always treif only via browser plugin. So i managed now to switch to my new native 1PW 6 account on all devices. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kilgore - that's great! I assume your more-recent post supersedes the older one; if you're still having trouble with 1Password for Windows, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.