Applied the multi seat license file to 1Password 6, but my account is still frozen.

samvaidya
samvaidya
Community Member

Hi I have access to a 10 seat license as an employee and just downloaded the license file, but my account is still frozen. What do I need to do to remove this restriction?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Applied the multi seat license file to 1Password 6, but my account is still frozen.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samvaidya -- sorry for the trouble! Standalone licenses and 1Password accounts are two different, separate ways of paying for and using 1Password. If your company has a 10-seat standalone license for the current version of 1Password for Mac, that does not mean your employer has a 1Password account. You appear to have signed up for an individual account at 1Password.com. You're certainly welcome to keep that account if you would like to use 1Password in your personal/private life, but it requires adding a payment method in the Billing tab in the sidebar of your browser window; that's why it's frozen currently -- it appears your 30-day trial has expired.

However, I do not see any 1Password Teams accounts in our back office under your company email domain. This likely means your employer intends you to use 1Password as a standalone product. You will need to ask your system administrator whether this is in fact the case. If so, you'll want to decide if you want to keep and pay for the 1password.com account you created, or whether you'd like to simply use 1Password for Mac as a standalone app at work. We can help you get squared away in either direction you choose to go.

ref: B5BO987135

• samvaidya
    samvaidya
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Lars! This makes sense. I'll figure out what I want to do and get back to you folks. Cheers!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good, @samvaidya!

This discussion has been closed.