1Password 6 on Mac is requesting key. No key. can't log in. Have data on iPhone. How to sync to Mac

jo17anne
jo17anne
Community Member

Would not open on boot-up this morning. Asking for login details and secret key. Have lost vault but still have it in iPhone. How can I sync it across to the Mac? Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 on Mac is requesting key. No key. can't log in. Have data on iPhone. How to sync to Mac

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jo17anne -- it sounds as if you may have local vaults on one (or more) device(s), and also have created a 1password.com account on another. Can I ask: when you say "would not open on boot up," what does that mean, specifically? Did/do you have 1Password for Mac set to start at login? Or did you mean when you tried to launch 1Password, that didn't work? Or are you referring to trying to access 1Password in your browser?

• jo17anne
    jo17anne
    Community Member

Hi Lars, Originally it always ran on boot-up and the icon appeared at the top of the page. Now it doesn't and when I try to open it from launchpad I get a window asking me to log in which also asks for a secret key which I have never had. Can't access in browser

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jo17anne -- I can't tell for certain, but it sounds as if you may have had local vaults and a standalone license in the past, and possibly either deleted the data (doubtful, and I hope not) or re-installed 1Password itself? Either way, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/388572#Comment_388572
    • Your forum username: jo17anne

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.