saving passwords

aunkster
aunkster
Community Member

why does the extension i use with safari save all the passwords for one site?
if i change my password the extension will save the old password ..then when i use the app to log in i have to figure out what one to use..??

Is there a setting i need to fix?
it also happens in the mac downloaded app 1Password
Version 6.8.1 (681005)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aunkster - sorry you're having difficulties just now. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking us. Is the 1Password extension in your browser misbehaving in some way? Can you describe the steps you're taking in a little more detail, please? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the confusion.

• aunkster
    aunkster
    Community Member

Wether it's the app or the download from mac...
    Everyone I change a password it adds the new password but yet saves the old password ..

In other words I would have three amazon.com sites with three different passwords

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

That shouldn't be happening, @aunkster -- 1Password does indeed keep a log of your previous passwords, in case you need to refer back to an older one. But it should do that within each specific login item, not create new items. You should see a field down towards the bottom of a login record that's called Show previously used passwords. Clicking on this will reveal a chronological list of all previous passwords recorded for that login, in 1Password.

What shouldn't be happening is having new records created every time you change passwords. Are you following these instructions for changing passwords? If not, please try following those instructions and let us know if the problem persists. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.