To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

help!!! i dont have secret key [resolved through email]

Options
isaac_l
isaac_l
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

my android app(1PW) crashed yesterday, so i uninstalled it. And i re-install 1password today.
But when i try to sign ,i don't have idea what is the secret key .
I have the email address and the master key ,but what is the secret key?
I don't remember that if I have it or receive it when i registered 3 days ago .
I have no account online since My only android app crashed and everything lost,so I cant find
the Secret Key anywhere.
Could u please help me? many many important passwords are saved in this app . i m so worried.
please help me.
thanks a lot!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• isaac_l
    isaac_l
    Community Member
    Options

I think I've never received the Secret Key while creating my account.I just typed in my email address and the master key following the tips show on the app.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @isaac_l - welcome to the forum! I'll do my best to help you out!

Your Secret Key is one of the two main secrets used to protect your account; it's combined with your master password, and together they're used to encrypt the data stored in your account. You can learn more about the Secret Key in general here: https://support.1password.com/secret-key-security/

Just like your master password, your Secret Key is never transmitted to us, and so we do not have it. We have a support guide which shows all the places that a Secret Key can be found - hopefully you'll be able to recover your Secret Key from one of them: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

I hope that helps! :+1:

ref: JLV-49317-317

• isaac_l
    isaac_l
    Community Member
    Options

@john_m

thank you very much.

According to your reply and the links you gave. Does that mean I can't access my account anymore? ( if the Secret Key can't be found)
    so there's no way out... I feel so sad.
    I have to create another account, right?

I'm still wondering that if i can't get my data, could somebody else do it? Is the data in this account safe if I just create another account and leave it there.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@isaac_l If you're not able to recover your Secret Key, then you won't be able to sign into the account from any new devices, so setting up a new account may be your only option.

I see you've contacted us by email about this issue as well; I'll follow up with you there to discuss the details of your current account :+1:

• isaac_l
    isaac_l
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much John.You are so nice !

I've received your email and reply to you, but it seems that maybe you dont receive my reply..so I have to reply to you here .

I now understand what you said and i would like to setting up a new account,
    so please help me to close down the old account.

I have a question, if i close down the account , will the data in the old account be destroyed forever and nobody can get them ?

Thank you so much !

• isaac_l
    isaac_l
    Community Member
    Options
  • john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @isaac_l! I've continued the conversation we had going via email :chuffed:

• isaac_l
    isaac_l
    Community Member
    Options

@john_m problem solved, Thank you so much!

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem @isaac_l, I'm glad I was able to help you out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.