Icon greyed out 1password extension on Firefox 55.0.3 on my MacBook Pro Running MacOS 10.12.6.

Options

I cannot get the extension to work in Firefox - it adds successfully but the icon is greyed out and I cannot click it. I removed it, removed firefox, removed firefox profile - re-installed everything and it is still greyed out. Also tried downloading the xpi manually and adding it that way - same result.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @alchemist,

I think we've moved past what we can handle in the forums and need to move to email so that we can request a diagnostic report. Can you create one please and send it in.

This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post the ticket ID here please to help us locate your email and we'll start getting Firefox working properly again for you :smile:

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @alchemist. I see that we've received your email with the report. I see that you're on Firefox 52. The current version is 55, so be sure to update from the Firefox > About Firefox window.

It also looks like the expected application support location for Firefox is not present. Try this:

1. Go to Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder
    2. In the box that pops up, enter ~/Library/Application Support
    3. In the folder that opens, you should find a Mozilla folder. If not, create it.
    4. Inside the Mozilla folder, create a folder named NativeMessagingHosts if it does not exist.
    5. Go to 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini

That should get things going for you. Let us know how it turns out. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

ref: JNB-75661-291

• alchemist
    alchemist
    Community Member
    Options

I installed Firefox ESR for troubleshooting
    Reset 1password mini did the trick - thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @alchemist,

At a guess launching Firefox ESR will created a missing support folder and the 1Password mini restart resulted in 1Password's check and writing of the applicable folder and file. Thankfully you shouldn't be bothered by this again but if you run into any other issues with 1Password please let us know.

• conix
    conix
    Community Member
    Options

Alchemist and AgileBits Team Members, thanks for the discussion! I was having the same issue and was unable to use 1Password's primary functions because my Firefox browser extension was grayed out and unresponsive. These steps seem to have cleared everything up! Thanks again,
    Conix

• I'm happy to hear the steps listed in this discussion worked for you, @conix! If you run into the issue again or have any questions, be sure to let us know - we'd be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.