To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot my secret key?

Options
musoter
musoter
Community Member

Hello there, my English is so bad that I apologize. I got a new membership with my phone. then I deleted the application and reinstalled it. I can not log in right now. because a secret key is required. I am know my e-mail address and password. Just I need secret key please reset my account.

Comments

• Hi musoter - Thank you for reaching out to us. I noticed you emailed us as well and you're working with my buddy Steve. I just replied back to you so let's continue the conversation via email and we'll be in a better position to assist you from there. Talk to you soon!

ref: TMY-46227-226

• OdisVM
    OdisVM
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Frank. I have a similar problem. My phone crashed and I lost all the data. I certainly remember Email and Master Password , but I do not remember the Secret Key. I am a membership . How can I recover my Secret Key and recover my account ?

• stephentrigg
    stephentrigg
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem here guys. I know my username and password but not my Secret Key. How can I gain access to it without logging on?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OdisVM and @stephentrigg -- sorry to hear you're both experiencing a similar problem! The first thing I'd like you both to try is these instructions for locating your Secret Key -- it may be retrievable in places you wouldn't expect. Let me know how that goes first.

• stephentrigg
    stephentrigg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, thanks for your response. I found my way around the problem.... just had to persist a bit more than usual.
    Cheers

• Thanks for the update, @stephentrigg!

Ben

• OdisVM
    OdisVM
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Lars. The problem is that I only had an account on the phone that was crashed. I can not log into my account and read my security key.

• @OdisVM,

Your 1Password data cannot be accessed without your Secret Key. If you've been unable to locate it using the instructions Lars provided you would need to start over. If you find yourself in that situation please send our team an email from the address registered on your account so that we can assist you in deleting the old account, and moving your subscription over to a new account. You can email us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Please include a link to this thread in your message ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82017/ ) and then post the Support ID that you get back from BitBot here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.