To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my master password is not working in all settings

Options

My master password is working in my web browser.
It will not work on the app on the windows 10 pc.
It will not work on the iphone.
It was working yesterday in both places.
I changed the password today. in the web browser.
Apparently it won't populate.
It also won't work in the pop up window when 1 pw asks for the master.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my master password is not working in all settings

Comments

• Hey @herbfillmore! I'd be happy to help out with that. Could you try opening https://start.1password.com/signin, enter your sign-in address, and sign in there with your email, Secret Key, and Master Password? If you aren't able to sign in, there isn't anything we can do to reset the Master Password, so you'll need to delete your account and start over. Send us an email at support@1password.com if you need to do that, and post back here when you do. We'll help you get moving.

• herbfillmore
    herbfillmore
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, you're missing the point. I followed the process above and had no problem. I can get into my web based 1 pw account. my master password works there. That same pw will not work with the windows 7 version on my desktop and it will not work with the chrome extension. I have removed and reinstalled both the windows desktop and extension versions at least 3 times. Note, when I was following the steps above, I copied the pw from my web based pw account window and noticed that when I copied it into the window that opens up in the link above that the pw did not have the first letter capitalized... despite the fact that the first letter is capitalized. With that in mind I went back and made sure I typed in the pw into the extension and the windows 1pw windows. Neither worked. Something is wrong with the software.

• herbfillmore
    herbfillmore
    Community Member
    Options

this is the windows version I am using.

• herbfillmore
    herbfillmore
    Community Member
    Options

Note that the master pw also works to open the iphone app. However, if it will not work with the pop up window in chrome, what use is it? Also, i can't get the opera extension to work at all.

• Hi @herbfillmore - Sorry for the troubles. Can you give the below a try for me and let me know if this helps resolve the issue for you -

If you're using 1Password 6 for Windows, you'll need to finish changing your password in the app. Open and unlock 1Password using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

Keep us posted if this worked for you or if you're still experiencing an issue signing into the 1Password app on your PC. :+1:

• herbfillmore
    herbfillmore
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to work. Thanks.

• On behalf of Frank, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.