chrome extension inputs old credit card info

Options

Hi guys and gals,

Ever since I input my new credit card info into 1Password my chrome extension still inputs the old number and info from previous card.

Any ideas? I have not tried deleting the record and making a new record.

Thanks.

Bryan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension inputs old credit card info

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @bryan_richardson,

Is it possible at all Chrome has remembered certain details for you and it's Chrome filling? I only ask as we have seen browser's auto-fill cause confusion in the past. If this is a possibility then our support page, Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser may be of assistance.

If it isn't that can you tell us a bit more about how you entered your new credit card details into 1Password. Did you create a new Credit Card item or did you edit the original and replace the old values with the new ones? That answer will hopefully help us narrow down what the issue might be and how best to proceed.

• bryan_richardson
    bryan_richardson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

It happens when I use the auto fill for 1password. I edited the old card I had in wallet to the new one and every time I hit ctrl+/ it auto fills the old card info.

I wonder if i need to create a new card in wallet...

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @bryan_richardson,

I think I know what is happening here based on your latest post. The keyboard shortcut ctrl + \ (or ctrl + / if you've changed the default) instructs 1Password to fill the open page but this only applies to Login items. I'm wondering if you've created a Login item that just so happened to contain details about a credit card. While this is possible to do this Login items are designed to only work on a single site while Identity and Credit Card items are designed in a more generic way as a user will expect 1Password to be able to fill these details on any page they want.

Instead of using the keyboard shortcut can you try clicking on the 1Password Browser Extension button in the browser toolbar and then navigate to the Credit Card section to select your Credit Card item. Does that fill the new details?

This discussion has been closed.