To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bought license from AgileBits 2015. Now discover have no account. Tried for hours. Help!

Options
docsween
docsween
Community Member

Been loving 1Password since 11/15 on my Mac, but, now, trying to it add it to two Android devices, I discover that I don't have an account and lack the attendant secret key and setup code. However, I do have a a license key. I've tried for many hours to follow your support instructions, but repeatedly dead-end. (Hint: you ought to test run these instructions on utter idiots. I am, of course, always available for such an assignment.) What should I do? Does obtaining an account demand signing up again and deleting all my data? That strikes me as risky.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Bought license from AgileBits 2015. Now discover have no account. Tried for hours. Help!

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @docsween :)
    Sorry for the trouble you have been having. Standalone licenses for 1Password are sold on a per platform, per version basis. So the license you bought was for the Mac OS version only. Android is an entirely separate platform. If you wish to remain standalone, you would have to buy 1Password for Android separately and then can sync them using a 3rd party service such as dropbox.

The other option which could be cheaper and easier for you is a 1Password.com membership. Membership includes access to 1Password on all your devices, no matter the platform with seamless syncing between them all. It also includes all updates to 1Password for as long as your membership remains active. The other benefits of membership can be found here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you do decide to go with a membership account, you can easily migrate your existing data over to the account as outlined here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Speaking as one 1Password fan to another, I would recommend this account route. Membership accounts are far easier to deal with than having to juggle multiple licenses and depending on how many different platforms you are dealing with, are cheaper too. But ultimately the decision is yours.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
    Corey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@docsween: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password.com memberships did not exist in 2015 (which is also the only way you'd have a Secret Key), so it sounds like you purchased the standalone app (which would be a separate purchase for each platform). As Corey_C mentioned above, you can easily sign up for a 1Password.com membership though and migrate your data there without having to start over from scratch. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.