To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

So if I pay the membership but chose to enable local vault...?!

Options
Chippelchen
Chippelchen
Community Member

Refering to this: https://support.1password.com/cs/migrate-standalone/

I got several question.

Do I need to have a standalone license if closing this option? For example: I do want local vaults because of privacy reasons. I migrate my 1Password data to the local vault and closing to delete the 1Password account under pref -> account

What does happen? Is the 1Password membership still running? If so: how do you check if I pay for it since I removed the account and migrated to a local vault. I'm a bit confused here.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @Chippelchen :)
    You can have an account and standalone vaults at the same time, if that's what you are asking.

As for if your membership is still applied, I don't think so. I think you need to be signed in to your account within the app for the membership benefit to be applied.

I hope that was at least of some help. :)

• Hi @Chippelchen

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Would you mind elaborating on what your perceived concerns of privacy are with 1Password.com vaults that do not exist with local vaults?

To use local vaults with a membership you must remain signed into the membership account (under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts). Otherwise the app will revert to trial / trial expired mode.

Please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.