License doesn't persist

Options
mordo
mordo
Community Member

I'm trying to installed 1Password on my new mac and whilst I can apply the license successfully, once I restart the laptop from sleep the license is no longer valid and 1Password defaults to Read Only.

Anyone encountered this and able to suggest a solution?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mordo! Sorry it's under such circumstances, however. When you say "apply the license successfully," what do you mean? Don't post your license here, of course, but can you tell me what steps you're taking? It sounds to me as if you've downloaded 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store. The Mac App Store version of 1Password has been a free download since version 6.6 (released in February), but will be in read-only mode, unless:

1. You paid for it on the Mac App Store before it became free to download,
    2. You make a new in-app purchase for it ($64.99), or
    3. You sign into a 1Password.com account (or subscribe to a new one).

If you have an existing standalone license for the current version of 1Password, you'll need to download and install the version from our downloads page (after quitting the Mac App Store version and deleting it), then you should be able to use your existing license.

• mordo
    mordo
    Community Member
    Options

@lars Thanks for responding.

I purchased the license directly and download 1password from the the Agilebits site. What I'm doing is as follows:

• Download the 1Password application from the Agilebits store.
    • Install the application.
    • Download the license from the 1password site.
    • Open license with 1Password and get a notification that the app is now licensed.

When the laptop comes out of hibernation the 1Password application is back as a ReadOnly. I can reapply the license each time following the steps above, skipping the installation piece, but the issue recurs as described.

• @mordo,

The reason @lars replied with the instructions he did was because you mentioned "Read Only". Only the Mac App Store version refers to this state as Read Only.

If you are running the agilebits.com/1password.com version it will display "Trial Expired".

You should also find that the application from the Mac App Store is called 1Password.app and that our WebStore version is called 1Password 6.app.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.