Can't keep mini running

Options
Smccutcheon
Smccutcheon
Community Member

Your instructions say to "open and unlock password", then go to Password preferences. But when I open and unlock password, the top bar on the monitor says "safari" -- the browser--, not "1password." So I can't find the 1Password "preferences" to adjust your program. How can I find the Preferences module?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @Smccutcheon :)
    Sorry for the confusion. 1Password mini is used mainly as a liaison with the browser extension and for quick access. if you wish to do things like open the preferences pane, you need to open the full 1Password app. Go to mini, unlock it, then click on the gear in the top right and click Open 1Password. That will open the full program and you can open up preferences from there.

Cheers :)
    Corey

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Smccutcheon -- nothing to add -- @Corey_C nailed it. Of course, that presumes you already have 1Password for Mac installed. If not, you'll need to do that first. Let us know if you have any troubles!

• Smccutcheon
    Smccutcheon
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1 Password on my iMac, but I can't find 1Password mini anywhere. (I searched for "1password mini" on my computer, no luck.) I load 1password OK, I can open up the program, but from there on everything is manual -- I have to find the passwords for the program I'm trying to get into, and type in manually the ID and password. It should be automatic.

I have tried installing the "extension" (is that the "mini" we're talking about?) I get the following message:

An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”. I seem to be stuck.

Also, I go into Safari/Preferences/extensions and do see that 1Password 4.6.11 is enabled. So I seem to have the extension, but I can't make it work.

I sure wish there were a way I could talk to the people at 1Password. I think my problem requires a lot of back-and-forth. This forum is very awkward.

(PS -- in my applications folder there's "1Password" and "1Password 6" . I guess I downloaded two versions. Should I delete one? Which one is the latest?)

• Smccutcheon
    Smccutcheon
    Community Member
    Options

Guys -- I got it figured out. I just needed to reboot the computer and everything clicked. Sorry to trouble you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Smccutcheon -- great news! Glad to hear you got it sorted on your own. That's the best way of learning something. Make sure you head to Preferences > General and click on the "Keep 1Password Mini running" box. That'll prevent the Mini from not being available when you want it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.