Setting up my 1Password application/account on new computer

Options
WWWiebel
WWWiebel
Community Member

I've got 1Password on my IMac and want to set it up on my laptop. How do I copy and paste security key to another computer? Do I download the application first? Need step by step instructions. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Setting up my 1Password application/account on new computer

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @WWWiebel -- thanks for the question. You can't really copy and paste from one device to another (there are certainly utilities that let you do so, though it shouldn't take installing a completely new app. Probably the easiest steps can be found right here. Let us know how that goes for you!

• greg30577
    greg30577
    Community Member
    Options

For heavens sake, please distinguish your new service from the older apps. I have am trying to set up 1Password 6 on a new laptop using the data from my current desktop Mac and cannot figure out how to do. Many of my searches end up being about your service.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @greg30577 - I'm sorry you're having difficulty just now. We do segregate out older, legacy applications, if that's what you mean. If you're using a current version of 1Password for Mac, however, part of the reason it's not quite as simple as just "distinguishing" 1Password memberships from the apps is that both standalone users and 1Password account-holders use the same 1Password app!

If you're looking to move your data from an older Mac to a newer one, these instructions should be just what you need. Let us know if you have any questions, and happy migrating! :)

ref: CLX-45764-277

This discussion has been closed.