iPad Pro and Mini -- both IOS 11 -- Unable to login to Schwab Client

NoniRoe
NoniRoe
Community Member

When I Click on 1Password link to Schwab -- login page opens in Safari and 1Browser but doesn't fill in Id & password -- and even when pressing the key icon nothing is filled in.
I have deleted the application -- reinstalled -- deleted the saved info and manually logged in and tried different Schwab url's -- deleted Dropbox sync and reestablished DB sync.
Login link works fine on Mac Sierra and High Sierra beta with Safari and Chrome extensions and with the 1Password application.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 6.8.2
OS Version: IOS 11
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:charles schwab login doesn't work with ios11

Comments

• Hi @NoniRoe,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with Schwab. I just tried this myself and found the Schwab homepage no longer works... as I remember it doing previously. This page did work for me though:

https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx

Would you mind giving that a shot please? Let me know how it turns out.

P.S. For future reference I wouldn’t recommend uninstalling & reinstalling the iOS app to troubleshoot an issue with filling on a particular website. Re-saving the login is a good troubleshooting step, though.

Ben

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

Thanks for responding Ben -- tried new url above -- now says 'incorrect id or password however NOTHING was filled it.

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

As an addendum to my previous replay -- a new message is on the Schwab login page " You may experience technical difficulties when using older web browsers. For your security and a better experience, please use a supported web browser to access Schwab. Learn more." BTW 'learn more' is a hyperlink and doesn't load and I had just cleared 1browser web data/history prior to submitting.

• @NoniRoe,

You may need to save a new login item for the https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx page in the 1Password extension in Safari.

I personally did this on my Mac:

How to save a Login manually in your browser - 1Password Support

But it may also work to save the new login from iOS:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - 1Password Support

Please test the new login in Safari and let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

Ben

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

I put the extension into Safari -- where are all my other 200+ login id's / passwords -- will I need to load up each one? This is not going well I must say.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

@NoniRoe,

The 1Password extension in Safari only shows logins which have a website field that matches the website you are currently viewing. You do not have to enter each login that already exists in 1Password into the extension.

For example, you'll never see your login for gmail.com when viewing agilebits.com and that is intentional.

Ben

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

well I just tried my bank and Safari 1P xtnsn says to create a new login.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

I assume you're talking about a bank other than Schwab here? If you look at the Login item that you currently have in 1Password for the bank does what is in the website field match what is shown in the Safari address bar, at least so far as the "domain" portion of the URL (the bit before the first /) is concerned?

e.x. A login for agilebits.com will appear on both www.agilebits.com and discussions.agilebits.com but will not appear on google.com or mail.google.com.

Ben

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

I understand that and yes the official login url may be different -- yes I was trying my bank other than Schwab --

and as you say "The 1Password extension in Safari only shows logins which have a website field that matches the website you are currently viewing. You do not have to enter each login that already exists in 1Password into the extension." Since I never memorize all 200+ official login url's I would generally type mybank.com and then click on it's respective login button and then enter id/pwd as per the extension. Login works then logout. Close browser.

Now let's go back to mybank.com because I am not going to mentally remember all my login urls -- click on the extension and Nothing -- so enter new login info again.

I must say that 1P is great for all other logins just not Schwab. If I have to revert between 1P and Safari Xtnsn and open and close 1P... well you get the idea.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. Some of my banks are less than accommodating on mobile devices and with 1Password as well. We're limited in what we can do in that case, but we'll see if we can come up with a way to improve this. Thanks for your feedback!

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member

BTW last night after ++++ hrs trying to resolve (clearing 1Browser and Safari and Chrome) I actually got it to preload with 1Browser and LOGIN, ahhh success -- then I logged out and tried to login again -- FAIL -- tried this morning still NOT!

Thanks for trying to look for a resolution to this. Please don't mark as closed if possible.

• @NoniRoe,

Please try copying the URL from your address bar when viewing the login page and paste that into a new website field on the Login item for that page.

Does that improve things any?

Please let us know.

Ben

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member

I too have been unable to automatically log into Schwab's site since yesterday.

I see that the login screen is different, maybe a different URL.
    I have copied the URL I get when I try to log in with 1Password and paste it into a new login item for Schwab. I get the same problem, 1Password does not populate the username and password fields.

If I click on the "Key" icon that appears below the login screen and select either the old or new Schwab login, those 2 fields do not get filled in.
    If I manually enter the info, I am able to log in.

All other logins within 1Password seem to work fine, including other financial sites.
    iPhone 6
    IOS: 10.3.3
    1Password ver 6.9 using the 1browser option.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• NoniRoe
    NoniRoe
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

One other comment -- 1P works great logging into Schwab on iMac desktop and Macbook (both using OS Sierra) -- JUST NO LUCK with any of my "i" devices - all using IOS 11 -

• Unfortunately if none of that works you may need to copy & paste your credentials from 1Password for iOS to Schwab's website, or use their mobile app (which would also require copy & paste).

Ben

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Ben,
    None of the suggestions work for Schwab's site(without copying & pasting). All other logins I've tried auto fill fine.
    Auto fill for Schwab worked fine before a couple days ago.
    We shouldn't have to copy/paste.
    Why did this suddenly stop working?
    By the way, I'm still using iOS 10.3.3.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@btcompute: I don't know why, but they're now using an iframe there for the login form. It's loading from this URL within their "login" page:

https://lms.schwab.com/Login?ClientId=schwab-secondary&StartInSetId=1&enableAppD=false&RedirectUri=client.schwab.com/Login/Signon/AuthCodeHandler.ashx

which is from a completely different address. iOS does not allow access to iframes as a security measure, since it's impossible to tell if the frame contents are from istealyourpasswords.limo — or something more innocuous- and less ridiculous-sounding but nevertheless malicious. So 1Password simply cannot fill in these cases:

There simply is no long form at Schwab's "login" page, and there's nothing we can do to fill in the frame (and arguably shouldn't since the user cant infect the page on mobile devices). You may, however, be able to use the first URL above to sign in using 1Password, but since that isn't how they intend it to be used it's possible they will break that as well. Just an idea.

Their iOS app is not super pretty, but I find it pretty functional for most of my use. And it supports Touch ID, so I'd give that a try as well.

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member

brenty,

Thanks for your explanation of what is happening. At least now I see what the problem is. I hope Schwab or you folks find a way to get 1password working again with their site. I suspect that maybe they don't want it to happen, unfortunately.

In any case 1Password is still a very useful app, and the desktop version still gets me into Schwab.

I'll give the Schwab app a try, and continue using 1Password for other things.

Thanks again,

Brian

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to help! I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but between Apple's security policy (which I tend to agree with, even though it's inconvenient in this case) and Schwab's website design I'm not optimistic for another solution here. I've actually been using their app for a while since their website has long been a bit mobile-unfriendly, so I hope that helps you too. :blush:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

It works for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kunder: By golly, it does! It looks like the redirect argument at the end of the one I posted is the difference. That not only looks nicer, but since it's clearly meant to be a legitimate login portal I suspect we can hang onto that one for a while. Thank you!!!

This discussion has been closed.