my safari extension doesn't work, it says, that it can't open the specified address

Options
mgrant21231
mgrant21231
Community Member

Please see above, that is all the details that I have.

1Password Version: latest, i just got it
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.06
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my safari extension doesn't work, it says, that it can't open the specified address

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @mgrant21231 :)
    Oftentimes, when an error like that shows up, it means you haven't installed the full 1Password program yet and are simply using the extension on it's own. Did you install the full 1Password app yet? If you haven't done so yet, grab it from here, then try restarting Safari or your computer and seeing if that helps fix things.

• mgrant21231
    mgrant21231
    Community Member
    Options

Well I think I set up the app on my Mac. I added a Business vault. But I'll reboot my Mac and see if it helps

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mgrant21231 -- sorry to hear you're having trouble. As @Corey_C said, you'll want to make sure you've got 1Password for Mac installed, not just the 1Password extension in your browser. You also may want to review the support page on how to use the 1Password extension to make sure you've captured the login details for your account so that 1Password can fill them properly later. Let us know if you continue to have troubles. Good luck!

• mgrant21231
    mgrant21231
    Community Member
    Options

If I can't get this to work, would it be possible to actually have you on the phone with me? And or a screen share?

Thanks, I'll work on this after my 10am EST conf call.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @mgrant21231 -- we don't provide live 1-on-1 instruction in how to use 1Password, but our support site has numerous guided walk-throughs like the one I linked in my previous response to you, and we're always available to help with specific questions right here, or via email. Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.