So needlessly confusing - Want same info on iPhone as on Mac

runningboy93
runningboy93
Community Member

I can't even find out which "type" of 1Password (I hesitate to use the word account or license or plan) I have. I downloaded the app for Mac, same for IOS. While waiting for answer from support (still not answered) I went ahead and registered new trial for 30 days with alternate email. Works fine on Mac. Now trying to get synced to iPhone and I try scanning the QR code provided, and it asks me to type in my secret key even to "find" my other accounts. IF I really need to type that 40-something string on my phone which I can barely type on, it's game over. What do I have to do to get my passwords on my iPhone as well as my Mac so I can properly evaluate this plan. Right now, I'm thinking of sticking with LastPassword because this is a MAJOR pain to set up with confusing nomenclature and process instructions that lead to dead ends. I mean, this is nuts.

1Password Version: 6.8.2 on Mac
Extension Version: IOS ?
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jessyc
    jessyc
    1Password Alumni

Hi @runningboy93,

Not sure what went wrong exactly but I'd suggest to take a look at the link below and try to redo the process again.

Sign in to your 1Password account on a new device

Ultimately, if for some reason the QR code doesn't work, you'll have to enter your account details (which includes your Secret Key).
    But don't worry, you'd only need to do it once and it shouldn't take you more than a minute :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

Hi @runningboy93

jessyc's advice here is solid. If you're still having trouble locating your Secret Key though we have a guide available on that here:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: IEE-86894-769

This discussion has been closed.