I downloaded drop box, I DO NOT have a sync option in 1password? why is that?

GenaStahlecker
GenaStahlecker
Community Member

I have 1 password installed on my MAC, ipad and iphone. In watching numerous tutorials, I have been frustrated with syncing my accounts across all devices because there is NO SYNC option on any of my devices! Why is there no SYNC option under the security tab in settings?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I downloaded drop box, I DO NOT have a sync option in 1password? why is that?

Comments

• @GenaStahlecker

When using a 1Password membership account there are no sync settings, and sync is handled automatically by 1Password.com by signing into the same membership account on all of your devices.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• GenaStahlecker
    GenaStahlecker
    Community Member

O wow! Good to know! from watching the tutorials I thought I had to sync everything.
    I still need a dropbox account though? or not?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

If you’re using a 1Password membership (which would explain why you don’t have sync options) you do not need a Dropbox account and do not need to manually configure syncing. It happens automagically by signing into your 1Password membership.

If you’d like to further discuss your particular case please feel free to drop us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82459). As these are public forums we cannot discuss any account specific information here, but would be happy to assist further by email.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: KKP-18968-972

• GenaStahlecker
    GenaStahlecker
    Community Member

that's fantastic! I've spent a number of hours online trying to figure that one out.

• Indeed. One of the many reasons 1Password membership is awesome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.