Currently on individual (through Apple), want to move to Family

Options
StuMcBill
StuMcBill
Community Member

Hi,

I have an individual 1password account which I subscribed to via Apple iTunes, however, I would like to move to a family subscription.

I cancelled my individual subscription via Apple (as outlined on the billing section of my account), and this expired yesterday (26th September).

I assumed I would then be able to change to a family subscription, however, when I go into my Billing info on my account, it still says I am on an Apple managed subscription?

How can I move from my individual subscription to a family one?

Thanks
Stewart

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @StuMcBill,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Because of the way Apple subscriptions work they have to be manually marked as canceled on our end in order for you to then subscribe through us. I’ve gone ahead and marked yours as canceled. Now when you go to invite people to your account you’ll be able to upgrade to 1Password Families.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• StuMcBill
    StuMcBill
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, all done now. Thanks for your help.

Another quick question, (to do with vaults). I have my primary and my personal - I have accidentally saved some passwords to my Primary, when I meant to save to my personal - is there anyway I can merge the two together, while keeping the newest entries?

Thanks,
    Stewart

• @StuMcBill,

There isn’t a merge function, but you can move any items that you’ve accidentally saved in the Primary vault to the Personal vault:

Move items between vaults

Then I’d recommend deleting the Primary vault, as otherwise it can cause confusion re: Master Password. When you have a Primary vault 1Password unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, instead of the Master Password for your account. Before deleting the Primary vault it may be wise to make sure you know your Master Password for your account by logging in on 1Password.com.

Thanks!

Ben

• StuMcBill
    StuMcBill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I have done the above, however, I now seem to have lost the ability to Sync my Personal vault over iCloud syncing?

• @StuMcBill Sorry about the confusion. With a 1Password account, everything is synced automatically on 1Password.com. :) You don't need to worry about iCloud syncing anymore. To access your data on another device, sign in to your account and it'll be available.

• Aemar
    Aemar
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue here, so I figured to add to this thread instead of creating a new one. I have a personal account and have a trial account through iTunes which I've cancelled so that I can convert it over to a family account. Can you do this same manual toggle of cancelling the account internally so that I can convert my account to a family one?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Aemar: Done! You just need to setup your plan:

https://start.1password.com/billing

And then you can invite family members so you can securely share with each other:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Aemar
    Aemar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome! Here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.