Two request plus’s three problems.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

I use the Latest 1Pastword Pro and iOS iphone8 Plus.
I have been using 1Password for a few years and it is my most needed app.

Request1
For every other user if ever their be a version of 1Password for iOS that allows storage of pdf type files? If that were to happen I could delete your competition app and be pro 1Password.

Request - 2
I lick the option to enable clipboard timer to delete any save login, but how great it would be if it worked for when coping highlighted secure notes text.
I do not trust other clear clipboard apps.

Problem 1 - still happening. If I am editing a secure note and open another app (calculator) then go back and forth between apps after I am done typing in the note and back out the done is not their thus it sometimes will not save what I typed. That can be a problem if one does not notice after time gone by.

Problem 2 - been happening for a couple years this one. A lot of the time viewing only certain, but not all secure notes I can not see the last line of the note even if I try to scroll down I can not. So I have to click on edit and only then show the whole note. That is a problem because if you want to highlight any part of the note you have to click on edit and that leaves room for accidentally deletion of note. I use standard zoom in iOS. Get it?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

Hi @kunder,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I have been using 1Password for a few years and it is my most needed app.

That's great! Glad to know that 1Password has become an essential part of your computing experience.

For every other user if ever their be a version of 1Password for iOS that allows storage of pdf type files? If that were to happen I could delete your competition app and be pro 1Password.

It is already possible to create Document type items in 1Password when using a 1Password membership. Currently these items can be created through our Mac app or the web interface. We do hope to expand the capability to iOS (perhaps using iOS 11's new Files app) in the future, but I can't make any promises on that at this point.
    It is not possible to create attachments in standalone vaults (non-1Password membership vaults) on iOS and it is unlikely that will change.

I lick the option to enable clipboard timer to delete any save login, but how great it would be if it worked for when coping highlighted secure notes text.
    I do not trust other clear clipboard apps.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Problem 1 - still happening. If I am editing a secure note and open another app (calculator) then go back and forth between apps after I am done typing in the note and back out the done is not their thus it sometimes will not save what I typed. That can be a problem if one does not notice after time gone by.

How are you switching between the apps? Are you returning to the home screen in between? Or are you using Apple's double tap (home button) multi-tasking to switch?

Problem 2 - been happening for a couple years this one. A lot of the time viewing only certain, but not all secure notes I can not see the last line of the note even if I try to scroll down I can not. So I have to click on edit and only then show the whole note. That is a problem because if you want to highlight any part of the note you have to click on edit and that leaves room for accidentally deletion of note. I use standard zoom in iOS. Get it?

If you duplicate these notes does the problem still exist on the newly created duplicate?

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

For the issue of not showing the last line I fixed that by just rearangeing the layout of the sentences and some characters (text) of the note in a different way so it now shows the last line.
    Kind of like rearranging the furniture and it not matching the shape of the room.
    I like the way I changed it better, but It was unnessarry type of fix, but it worked.

For the issue of the (done) not being their to save changes after going back and fourth between 1Password and calculator app I was using the multi-tasking switch.
    As long as 1Password has not timed out it should not matter when your ready to save changes the (done) should be available as you back out of the note change.
    This issue do not know how to fix yet.
    What do you think?

• @kunder

I'm trying to reproduce the issue you reported while editing Secure Notes and switching between apps... Thus far I've been unable to. Could you please create a test note (with no sensitive information), reproduce the issue, and then take a screenshot? Please post that screenshot here.

Also if you are able to reproduce this reliably please post all of the steps that you take to cause it to happen, starting with launching 1Password. The more details you can provide the more helpful that information will be.

Thanks. :)

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

This only happens if a go back and forth a few times between 1Password and the calculator app.
    In other times not exactly related to this I have made change and when I backed out to see done I did not see done , but it still saved.
    This only started after couple of the last two 1Password updates. They were close together if I remember. I can not remember if it was before ios 11 it as been a busy week learning that.
    I have changed a long note and realized I could not save it so I had to save a little at a time with out switching between apps. Imagine if one did not think of the done and thought they had saved a weeks worth of changes and when they realized they would not remember all the changes.
    Not you fault.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

The last screen showed 1,001 because that was my first pretend change I guess. Just noticed that, but it does not matter because I keep backing out all the way back to categories without seeing the (done).
    If I make changes with out switching I back out and the (done) is their every time and it saves any change.
    All I am doing is gathering my net worth listed in another app and using the calculator app to add and/or subtract then enter the changes for different line in the note several times and the you hope for the (done) when your finished , but it want show if I am switching back and forth between apps.
    Even if I switch apps one time it still does it so I do not have to do it multiple times for this to happen like I first thought.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

So iOS 11, iPhone 8Plus, or one of the last two 1Password updates is the cause. Which one is the $60,000 dollar question.
    I mean they all happen in the last two or thee weeks.

• I did some further testing on this and now I see what you’re seeing. However, it seems to be working as intended. Tapping on the “< Back” button saves my changes. I’m not sure what you’re expecting a “Done” button to do differently?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.