Question for the (lock out) in security

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

We all know if one uses the (lock out) that it will by default ask for a password on next sign in regardless of if touch id is enabled or not.
Could yaw like give us an option when using iOS multitasking switch to close out 1Password app that it makes it locked out, but allow the touch id.
Right now if you close 1Password that way it does nothing, but remove it from the iOS switch.
I mean if one is paronoid about sleeping or getting pulled over they can lock out all the way.
Other wise if one mostly keeps touch id enabled why make (lock out) the only manual option?
That way we have kind of a choice.
I would use slightly longer time out if I could manually do that way. Otherwise I am parinoid some times while I’m waiting for 1Password to lock.
Theirfore I am forced to use 1 min instead of say 5.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@kunder: I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking, so let me know if I'm missing something. You should be able to use Touch ID when switching back to 1Password after it's locked. The only thing I can think of is that if you're killing 1Password that could cause some trouble. Don't do that. It wastes battery to kill iOS apps because they have to load completely from scratch next time, and iOS freezes them when they're not doing anything anyway. Also, if you want 1Password to lock every time you switch away from it, you can-re enable (it's on by default) 1Password Settings > Security > Lock on Exit. Does that help?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I do not have lock on exit enabled.
    So if I want to lock out because for some reason I want the next sign in to ask for password I like that I can do that which is cool.
    I am not worried about battery life gosh at least 10 hours. Killing apps has had no affect on my battery life.
    Never had problems killing any app some people kill apps so they have less to view in the switch and do not like to many or their OCD perfectionest.
    However I use a competitor app that stores my encrypted files it does not have a lock out you can either use time out to lock or kill the app.
    That’s what I would like to be able to do. Kill 1Password and for it to ask for touch id the next time after that.
    All banking apps allows this to function without any problems. Kill the app start over try to sign in and it ask for touch id. That’s what I want 1Password to work that way.
    Try killing your 1Password app and see what happens nothing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I do not have lock on exit enabled. So if I want to lock out because for some reason I want the next sign in to ask for password I like that I can do that which is cool.

@kunder: Totally! It sounds like that will help. :)

I am not worried about battery life gosh at least 10 hours. Killing apps has had no affect on my battery life. Never had problems killing any app some people kill apps so they have less to view in the switch and do not like to many or their OCD perfectionest.

I hear you. It's just that this has been thoroughly debunked, so I did want to mention it since doing so can result in some undesirable side effects. If it makes you happy to kill apps and clear your history though, more power to you. :chuffed:

However I use a competitor app that stores my encrypted files it does not have a lock out you can either use time out to lock or kill the app. That’s what I would like to be able to do. Kill 1Password and for it to ask for touch id the next time after that.
    All banking apps allows this to function without any problems. Kill the app start over try to sign in and it ask for touch id. That’s what I want 1Password to work that way. Try killing your 1Password app and see what happens nothing.

Right. 1Password will lock according to your lock settings. If you set it for 10 minutes, then that's when it will lock, etc. 1Password respects your security settings. If you want it to lock when you switch away, Lock on Exit is your friend. And/or if you can set the timer to your liking. We don't have plans to introduce yet another setting to lock it when you kill it though, as it isn't designed to be killed in the first place and this isn't even something Apple recommends. Most users also don't expect this so it isn't something we design around.

This discussion has been closed.