Recover database from unsynced Chrome extension

theresa_leary
theresa_leary
Community Member

Hello! I've scanned the forums but have not been able to locate a solution to this vexing issue. I'm hoping your fine team can assist me. Thanks in advance!

I purchased 1Password via the App Store in 2012 but over time and successive migrations and systems, somehow lost the app. Meanwhile, I've been adding passwords to the Chrome extension (version 3.9.x) which reports the Helper is not working and thus I can't sync, export, back up or otherwise migrate my passwords, despite having a large number of logins located there.

I tried running the troubleshooting utility to no avail. I've been unable to get anything inside the ~/Library/Containers/Google/Chrome/Default/databases chrome_extension file or to be recognized / zipped / renamed as .1p4_zip as per other forum suggestions.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Theresa

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Chrome 3.9.X
OS Version: OS X 10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @theresa_leary! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password. It sounds as if you may be using a substantially old version of one or more components of 1Password. Since that's the case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#UES-12636-983]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @theresa_leary only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: UES-12636-983

• theresa_leary
    theresa_leary
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Thanks Lars, however the Troubleshooting Utility just spins and spins when asked to create a diagnostic report. I tried restarting, running it again with Chrome closed, etc. to no avail.

I will email some logs from Console if it's any help.

Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@theresa_leary - I've just replied to you via email, so let's keep the conversation going over there, to minimize confusion and get you a solution more quickly. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.