where to find 1password4 app for android

marcoborsato
marcoborsato
Community Member

I have new phone and want to install 1password4 app on android. Where can i find it? In the store it looks like it is the 1password6 app

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @marcoborsato. Thanks for reaching out! 1Password 4 for Android is no longer available in the Play Store. You'll need to install 1Password 6, which is the current version. Can I ask why you prefer 1Password 4?

• marcoborsato
    marcoborsato
    Community Member

@peri
    i don't want my data to be stored in the cloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marcoborsato: Why is that? You can still sync your data with a local folder if you want to, but the reality is that your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design, not by chance.

Also, 1Password is designed to protect your data even if someone steals your vault from you (which, frankly, is more likely since they will need to get your Master Password from you to decrypt it anyway). 1Password does not rely on "security through obscurity", hoping that an attacker won't be able to steal one of your devices if they want to.

And because 1Password.com is built on math and not hope, even if someone obtains the database from us, they don't have what they need to decrypt it, since, in addition to the Master Password, the data is is encrypted with the 128-bit, randomly-generated Secret Key — which will much much stronger than a Master Password you or I can reasonably memorize and enter manually.

This discussion has been closed.